Pellet Pail

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rip bag
lift and dump

i don't see why paying for anything is a reasonable thing to do. Perhaps 'dust' and asthma issues.... beyond that, just clean up afterwards.

Either way you are lifting 40 lbs. If the intention is for looks. Then look into Coal Hod buckets. I have 2. Strictly for the Curb Appeal...

My thoughts are too expensive also. All depends on what you are looking to do with it.

I also have coal hods. Cheap (found mine at a yard sale for $5.00 each), they look good when painted with black stove paint, and the wife can lift them.

IMO the pellet pail I have seen looks like an overpriced feed bucket.

I use a coal hod that holds about 1/3 bag a time. Looks better and cheaper too ;-)

I also use a coal hod, my wife and daughter can easily lift it.

What a waste! Pick up that bag and dropping into a bucket, then you have to lift the bag out, literally pulling it out of the pail with the weight of the pellets pulling at the sides until the bag is empty. More work yes, exercise yes, easy to use, can't see how. My stove top is barely warm to touch. The pellet hopper is raised with an extension so it holds 2 bags. I sit the bag on top of the stove, slit the top with a box cutter, then tip it backward where the whole thing dumps into the hopper. Never ever any melted plastic. If lifting 40 lbs is ever an issue, just dump, pour or scoop into any bucket or pail with a good handle and a lip to hold on to. Lowes has a Kingsford Charcoal Caddy Dispenser. It hold 40 lbs and has a snap on lid with a pour area. and it has a good handle on the side. Cost under $15. the one is the picture is clear, but the ones at our store are black.

Attachments

• KingsfordCharcoalKaddy_l.jpg
    KingsfordCharcoalKaddy_l.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 330
Don't use the Pellet Pail but I do use these little galvanized pails to make it easier for the wife to
load the stove when I'm not around, which unfortunately is often.

Attachments

• 2011-10-20_08-29-13_773.jpg
    2011-10-20_08-29-13_773.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 276
Coal hod, left over from my coal burning days.

Status
Not open for further replies.