Pellet Pig

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
Can I join the club...can I...I'll be good, just tell me what to do! Thanks, Bill

bostonfan49 said:
Can I join the club...can I...I'll be good, just tell me what to do! Thanks, Bill

Sorry Bill,

Your membership request has been denied due to lack of piggishness.

First criteria is 3 tons of pellets in the stash, this has to occur prior to first frost, in addition unless you are getting a lot of pellets you must self transport the pellets in your beater.

You have a start and if you can sneak in a couple more tons prior to the first frost of 2012 by abusing your beater you'll likely qualify on reapplication.

You must show piggishness, we want true pellet rooters.

oldmountvernon said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
oldmountvernon said:
Where do i apply !!!

Why, right here oldmtvernon.

Do you have any information that you wish the hogs to use in evaluating your application?

On a quick note i cant stop buying and calling stores to find out which brand pellets they have in today
And i keep looking for more pellet stoves
Yea i have a problem

Now that looking for more pellet stoves thing is a likely indication of a severe case of pelletitus in the making.

I hereby award you your Oinks.

Please add the following to your signature:

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

Be certain to see your local stove shop for help with your situation.

Now go forth and recruit new members.

Hey what about the beer, I mean dues to imacman

jhass said:
Hey what about the beer, I mean dues to imacman

Well considering you are now appointed as the bribe (err dues) enforcement officer that's your problem.

Hey, I've been sitting on 4.25 tons all summer. does that mean I qualify??

BradH70 said:

Please tell the hogs about your pellet habits then they will decide (You might have to pay late fees due to a delayed application).

Ok, I want in. I have 3 tons. They were delivered, but they were dropped in my yard and had to move them bag by bag to inside...

Pellets are my only source of heat. Will definitely start hoarding more and trying different brands when the hurt of the initial stove purchase heals.

Oh, stove was self installed and hearth was home made too, by the way!

SmokeyTheBear said:
bostonfan49 said:

First criteria is 3 tons of pellets in the stash, this has to occur prior to first frost, in addition unless you are getting a lot of pellets you must self transport the pellets in your beater.

You have a start and if you can sneak in a couple more tons prior to the first frost of 2012 by abusing your beater you'll likely qualify on reapplication.
What defines a beater ? I have a '90 Chevy 3/4 ton PU, but it has no brakes. (rusted thru brake lines) Can I pull a beater, self assembled trailer (with modified mobel home axel) behind my '06 Dodge Ram PU. I know that it is tooo late to qualify this year, but want to get my ducks in a row for 2012. The wife hates it when I mess with the Chevy. She insistes that it is just an excuse to avoid her Honey Do List. That's not true at all. I fish to avoid the LIST. :)

SmokeyTheBear said:
BradH70 said:

Please tell the hogs about your pellet habits then they will decide (You might have to pay late fees due to a delayed application).

I'm always on the search for a good pellets and a good pellet deal. I love trying new brands of pellets (4 or 5 bags at a time though!). I stack my pellets meticulously in the barn so that I can always keep count of what is left. And of course I HAVE to use the tractor to get them from the barn to the basement were they can be meticulously re-stacked and sit and come up to room temperature before putting them into the stove. This is also done with the help of my 2 1/2 year old son - "Going to get pellets today Daddy?"

I love my stove, clean it every few days so that it is always running top notch. I did the install myself and am not afraid to brag about it.

I love being able to put my heating money back into the local economy rather then into a foreign country.

The pellet delivery truck is more exciting to see then the UPS truck!

This winter I will be finishing a room about our attached garage. Once the room is completed, an Enviro Mini install will be on the To-Do list.

P.S. Getting ready to pull the trigger on another ton of pellets, just need to decide which ones.

BradH70 said:

Oh oh, maybe I'm wrong but I thought the pellets had to be self hauled.

smoke show said:
BradH70 said:

The Wife's Volvo does a nice job of this for when I am getting bags of a new brand to test out, but certainly not at any more then 10 or 15 bags at a time.

smoke show said:
BradH70 said:

Oh, and does the moving them from the driveway to the barn, from the barn to the basement, and from the basement to the stove count?

I am down to 11 tons left in storage
I am having withdrawals
need to get more pellets
but have to wait to off season
hope I dont run out.............

ironpony said:
I am having withdrawals
need to get more pellets

lol

We're here for you! The pellets anonymous support group! :lol:

This is my first season with a pellet stove, and I have 3 tons on hand which should be WAY more than enough for my 900sq ft, but for some reason I feel the need to hoard, and buy more. It's an itch. I just love the look and smell of fresh pellets... mmm... too bad I have to burn them... but I love the heat too!

BradH70 said:
smoke show said:
BradH70 said:

Oh, and does the moving them from the driveway to the barn, from the barn to the basement, and from the basement to the stove count?

Depends upon how many are delivered, the rules allow for delivery,

The Morse code spouting applicant is fine on that part of his application and the more handling you do the better the hogs on the membership committee like it as it demonstrates your piggishness and the fact you are a glutton for punishment.

Ok listen up all you applicants with the required 3 tons prior to this post.

The membership committee has met and you all have been granted membership.

Be sure to submit your dues to the club treasurer imacman.

Please add the following to your signature,

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

Now go forth and inform the world about the goodness of pellet warmth and the hunting of pellets.

BradH70, the wife's car makes an excellent beater, because if it wasn't, it will be, and it isn't your car ;-).
Waterbug, that fits at least one definition of a beater, start getting those pellets.
smoke show, trying to stir up the applicants or something?

Sweet!!!! My wife will be so proud of me! And now I have even more to brag about with the my pellet burning neighbor!

SmokeyTheBear said:
The Morse code spouting applicant is fine on that part of his application and the more handling you do the better the hogs on the membership committee like it as it demonstrates your piggishness and the fact you are a glutton for punishment.

Ok listen up all you applicants with the required 3 tons prior to this post.

The membership committee has met and you all have been granted membership.

YAY!

SmokeyTheBear said:
Now go forth and inform the world about the goodness of pellet warmth and the hunting of pellets.

Hey wait a minute, that kind of contradicts being a pellet pig... If I do that, there will be fewer pellets for me!!!

I'm not sure if I like this rule... :)

76brian said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Hey wait a minute, that kind of contradicts being a pellet pig... If I do that, there will be fewer pellets for me!!!

I'm not sure if I like this rule... :)

Don't push it, the committee also handles membership revocation ;-).

Oops... Sorry sir! I beg your forgiveness!
bowdown.gif

FredDels said:
I just had 4 tons of Geneva dropped off in my driveway!!!!

IMG_0356.jpg

I really like these...great heat and pretty good low ash....very clean in the bags..

bigruckus said:
FredDels said:
I just had 4 tons of Geneva dropped off in my driveway!!!!

I really like these...great heat and pretty good low ash....very clean in the bags..

Really? Mine are really, really dusty out of the bag. Just had 3 tons delivered a week ago. Besides the dust, I like them.

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 154
  • stockedpellets.jpg
    stockedpellets.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.