Pellet Piglet Club Poll

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Should there be a Pellet Piglet Club for aspiring Pellet Pigs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyTheBear

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2008
Standish, ME
It has been suggested that a Pellet Piglet Club be created as a starting point for future Pellet Pigs.

This is your chance to weigh in on the matter.

IMO this would just feed into the "psychological dependency" that people seem to have with "rewards for accomplishment"....like getting belts in Karate.
Surley there is little chance for harm, except when a prospective member, in an effort to gain entry into said club, pawns their mother jewelry, sells their blood plasma, and cheats on their taxes to scrounge enough $$ to buy enough pellets to "belong". You wouldn't want that guilt hanging over you would you? Peer pressure is a powerful thing, and not everyone is equipt to handle the pressures exerted here in the interwebs, and more specifically here at Heath.com...we are a wiley bunch, and not everyone gets our jokes....like the one I just made. :p

Reactions: smoke show
Pellet piglet? It should be for the kids of pellet pigs. Pellet pigs in training requires kids helping to haul and load your multi-ton pellet loads. I know I have seena few pictures of kids holding bags about as big as they are or towing them in a red wagon trailer. :)

A definition of what a Pellet Piglet would be would help me with my vote. It does sound like a good idea, though!

A definition of what a Pellet Piglet would be would help me with my vote. It does sound like a good idea, though!

Something along the lines of someone who would love to be a pellet pig and exhibits all of the symptoms of being crazy (about all aspects of pellets) but is prevented from being one due to lack of storage space, spouse says no hoarding or collecting pellets, etc.

You might be one such member.

ETA: Sort of where jtakeman would have to take refuge if he dips below the magic 3 tons.

Okay, I'm in, voted "yes". (Keeping an eye on smoke show though….)

I voted "AYE"...Now I'm thinkin that this poll may lead into additional categories applicable to pellet burners.
Do we need pellet sows & boars? Will those pellet burners be collectively known as a "drift" or a "sounder" or simply as a "herd"?

oh oh. I already sell my blood plama, but it is to put gas in my truck.

I voted "AYE"...Now I'm thinkin that this poll may lead into additional categories applicable to pellet burners.
Do we need pellet sows & boars? Will those pellet burners be collectively known as a "drift" or a "sounder" or simply as a "herd"?

I understand that a group of us might technically be called pains in the ass, but that is just what I was told.

Don't believe everything you hear, Smokey...

3 tons of fuel is not a lot to have at one given point. Most homes in an average climate, will need at least 3 ton for an average Winter.

Im not dead set against it.... But I just think that it was made at a certain time and should stay at the set minimum. What would the Grand Poobah think!!! Calling eernest4... LOL

I understand that it can be harder for some to aquire. But if one starts in April/May and buys one bag a day ($3-$6 a day, or a/ pack of ciggs/beer/energy drinks) then they will have about 4 ton when season rolls around. Most who burn pellets, do it to save money. They save quite a bit over most other fuels. It isnt as hard as you would think if its put into a daily budget.

I see the Poll is pretty heavy in Favor of. Some here have that amount and wont partake in the Club (Smoke) and some are prob afraid to ask. Its all fun and games anyways. So I just wrote all this and still got nothing.

What are the "Levels"? Can it be as little as a bag of Pellets? I still think it should be a set minimum (3 ton ain't bad :))

It was actually cheaper for me to have pellets delivered (SIB) than it was to buy them at the BB's and haul them. So I don't qualify.

Seems like we had the same thought.

I here by announce the arrival of the "Pellet Pirates" Open for membership, dues are reasonable and will be discussed after your initiation. ARGGGHH! pirates-word2-th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.