Pellet Pig's Lament

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vgrund

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2005
Amherst, NH
Here we are almost in mid January and I'm starting to panic. I'm just about through my remaining 2 tons of LG and I only have 5 tons of Energex left.

:)

How are you other Pigs doing?

Bag #100 will go through the stove tomorrow....only have 5 tons left too. :ahhh:

I bunkered next year's supply of pellets the first part of December. So I have a few bags shy of 9 ton left in the garage.

I'll be toasty warm, even have room for some more and if things go right I might take on the 2012-13 supply . %-P

SmokeyTheBear said:
I bunkered next year's supply of pellets the first part of December. So I have a few bags shy of 9 ton left in the garage.

I'll be toasty warm, even have room for some more and if things go right I might take on the 2012-13 supply . %-P

At the prices there going for now and oil, gas, diesel and LP prices heading north I only see pellets going up. I will probably add 3 or 4 more tons to just shy of 5 tons I have already.

I am down to about 3 tons and am on the hunt for next years stash.

Just picked me up 1 ton of Stove Chows at my local Home Depot, $185 for the entire ton, what a deal!! Pellets were stored inside and were in superb condition, opened up a few bags of pellets that were on the bottom of the pallet (already stacked them in my basement) and they were bone dry with nearly no dust in the bag. The depot had 4 or 5 tons sitting at the front of the store, might return to pick up another ton in a day or two.

i'm half way my stash, so around 2 tons left.

3 and 3/4 left. 17 degrees outside and burning...

2 down 6 to go
I may have to go for some from HD soon

I have plenty to get me through the season but the piles are going down fast.
Gone through about 1.5 ton so far with 4.5 ton left.

Im UP to my 6th Ton. Just got 2 tons of Stove Chow pellets from the HD. This is the most pellets I have ever own, I have no more room to store anymore. I glanced at an empty corner on our living room and my wife must have seen it in my eyes and she just let out this long "Nooooooooooooooooo, dont even thing about it PIG".

so how is stove chow? I am really tempted by the price

Looks like I need to do some catching up! I am only at 80 bags so far. Still have 4 tons plus to go. Almost ready to top it back off. I want to stay topped off just in case with these fuel prices starting to rise!

I got 4 tons of Somerset in the start of the year from Lowes. I have burned about 95 bags. I was at Lowes in Kingston, NY and found that they had about 15 tons of Somerset’s. So I put in a big order. The wife was pissed but they dropped off 8 tons at the house. 8 tons delivered was $1456. This will get me through this year and next year. They are all in the house. With over 10 tons left to burn I will be ok for anything.

Think this will make me a BIG PELLET PIG

rowerwet said:
so how is stove chow? I am really tempted by the price
IMO, they may be the "sleeper" pellet this year....everyone that I have seen that bought & burned them gave them thumbs up.

For the price that HD is asking ($180), they are very hard to beat. Get 'em while you can.

Burned a bag of Stove Chow from the 1 ton I bought from HD earlier this morning, excellent heat output and clean burning, the 1 bag gets the thumbs up, no question about it.

I've still got almost 2 tons of Cubex and a ton of Okies but they may sit there for a while because I got 40 bags of Maines Choice for $3 a bag (son works at Lowes) They are a surprise for sure. They burn awesome...lots of heat...a little more ash but that's ok, for $3 a bag, I'll keep burning them. I'm going to pick up 10 more bags tomorrow and as long as they'll sell them for that price.

Chan

My wife thinks I'm nuts! (mabye I am)
Just brought home 4 more tons of Somersets from Menards. At $3.50 a bag and an additional 11% rebate I could not pass it up.
Currently have 8 tons in garage and 1-1/4 tons on the porch. Should get me thru this year and next.

Have a little under 2 tons left out of the 3 tons i started with. Will get me through the season but will stock up for next year! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.