pellet stove fue clearance question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
I am in the process of doing a feasability study of sorts for a possible pellet stove install this summer/fall (to lend the PE downstairs a hand on the cold days). I have decided that the stove in question would be an Enviro mini, as space and clearances are a large factor. The stove would be placed in a corner with the flue going straight up through the roof. What are thye clearances required for a pellet stove flue to drywall? Thanks.

Check with your code enforcement folks, normally that clearance is dictated by the flue manufacturer.

However what will count is what the inspector and the insurance company say.

hemlock, Nice choice on the stove. The little mini is a great little unit.

On the clearance your looking for depends on the pipe you are planning on using. Most are listed on there web sites and some are as little as 1" to combustibles.

What brand of pipe are you looking to purchase?

I would go with the ICC pellet double wall pipe. It is one of the brands that has the 1 inch clearance to combustable materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.