Pellet Stove Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swalz

Feeling the Heat
Jan 2, 2008
Newark, DE
I am thinking of getting a pellet stove insert for my fireplace; I already have a Harman XXV and would like to start researching which one to get. This will not be done til next year so I have plenty of time to look and decide. I know about Harman, Quadra-Fire and Lopi would like some suggestion on other brands. I would also like to stay away from Harman and the Quadra-Fire because of issues I have with the dealer that sells them.

Edit
Found the Enviro Milan Fireplace Insert; looks like what I'm looking for; now need to find a dealer and get a price. :coolsmile:

CelciusMaximus said:
harman accentra insert all the way

I have a XXV and do like it but when it comes to the dealer that's another issue. I have had problems with the dealer and when I do need service it takes 2 or more weeks to get someone out. This is why I'm looking at other stoves + I would like to not spend as much as I did on the Harman.

I am looking at the Country Flame Crossfire Pellet Insert, there is a dealer not to far from me so this might be an option. Has anyone used this stove and can give me some feedback.

I am in a similiar position, looking to buy for this coming winter. First choice was the Harman Accentra, yet they are apparently backordered till next Spring.
My next option is the Enviro Empress or similiar Enviro insert.
I am looking for any info , reccomendations, reviews etc .. particuliarily of the Enviro if possible.
Thank you,

I'm interested in opinions on inserts too as my Mom & Dad are wanting a pellet insert for their fireplace. Enlighten me.........

Status
Not open for further replies.