Pellet Stove Interior Vertical Rise Pipe FLOPPING ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well my first standard pellet stove installation was in my shed with the standard vertical rise. Before insulating and finishing with paneling, I nailed in a 2x4 between the studs on the flat to bolt the vent pipe bracket into for a nice sturdy installation. This has worked out very will keeping the pipe rigid so I can easily remove the cleanout cap and brush out the pipe.

Many other installations I have seen do not have a bracket and the nice RTV seal around the Wall Thimble keeps breaking. During cleaning when the stove is pulled out from the pipe, the vertical rise dangles and can cause problems if you are not real careful.

At Home Depot I found what they call a nice heavy 16 guage steel Plumbers Bracket or Protective Plate a little over 16 inches long to bolt into the wall studs and plenty wide enough to securely bolt a standard pellet pipe bracket to. This will give the venting much needed support to an installation with already finished walls. The plate can be painted the same color and blend in fairly well.

Has anyone done this? Comments?

1st pic - Bracket bolted to 2x4 stud embeded into the wall
2nd pic - Plumbers Bracket receipt with description and sku
3rd pic - Plumbers bracket and 1 foot vertical pipe with pellet pipe bracket.

Attachments

• VentBracket&2x4BuiltIn.jpg
    VentBracket&2x4BuiltIn.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 183
  • VentBracket-PlumbersPlateReceipt.jpg
    VentBracket-PlumbersPlateReceipt.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 137
  • VentBracket&PlumbersPlate&VertPipe.jpg
    VentBracket&PlumbersPlate&VertPipe.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 164
Sales Tax. $0.00

Attachments