Pellet Stove only blows air on high speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin2366

Mar 22, 2009
Oregon
Hi, I have a 1991 Breckwell P24i pellet stove insert. Recently it overheated cause the squirrel cage blades were covered in LOTS of dust causing the power supply wires to melt. I fixed the wires and cleaned the fan blades but now it only works on high speed. It doesn't matter what setting it is on it will only blow on high. Before the overheating incident it worked fine on all speeds. Can someone please tell me what part I need to get or if there is something I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Justin

The blower and the auger are controlled by the same adjustment speed knob. The adjustment works for the auger speed, just not for the blower.

I never changed any of the wiring makeup, I only spliced the wire back together where it melted. It has a pink wire that comes from the board for the hot and the neutral goes to the bus bar.

Just want to let everyone know I fixed the problem... kinda... I went down to the hardware store and bought a fan speed adjustment switch for ceiling fans in your house. I wired in inline with the pink power wire going to the fan. Now I have an infinitely variable fan speed that is independent of the auger speed. Seems to be working well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.