Pellet Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breckwell

Hearth Supporter
Aug 30, 2009
Pa
I noticed the other day that the guy who installed my pellet stove installed the pipe in backward if you can do such a thing. It's duravent pipe. I seen on the bottom of the pipe a sticker with a arrow pointing for the direction of flow. Looks like he used the small end of the pipe on the stove to avoid using a adapter on the stove. The direction of the flow arrow is pointing toward my stove. Will this affect the way the stove burns or vent? It seems to run OK like that.

Just checked all the pipe I am getting ready to install, and indeed you are right there is an arrow for directionality on each pipe. It seems possible to install it backwards if not using an adapter. Though I must admit it seems pretty dopey to go against that obvious label.

With an arrow stamped on every label I would imagine its important to install the right way, but that's not a recommendation, particularly give the way the pipes interlock.

I would suggest contacting Duravent and see what they say. If they tell you it is wrong I would call up your installer and demand it be done right.

Please let us know what they say since others might benefit from the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.