Pellet Stove Recomendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born Of Fire

Sep 24, 2009
Hudson Valley NY
Hello,
After a while of checking out this site it looks like Iam in the market for a pellet stove had a few sweeps come over give me some ideas really wanted a wood stove but clearance and chimney issues look like its gonna be pellet one of the sweeps recommended the Harman p68 this stove will be sitting in my living room my house is a total of 2750 sq ft i can post a crude floor plan if needed can anyone give me some comparable s to the p68 it looks like a sweet stove rather pricey but hey i haven't put that much research time into pellet stoves so just want some other brands in the same class to compare to.
Thanks

Welcome. I would read this first.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewannounce/13750_22/

I have a P68 and do love it, but as you have read, or will read, a nice stove can have something wrong with it, and if your dealer isn't going to stand behind what he sold you, you will be miserable. When you narrow your choices down, ask around to see what other people's experience with the dealer has been if something does go wrong. I know you are asking for other suggestions, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Good luck!

Do you have an open floor plan?.? Is the pellet stove going to be the main heating source? Do you have forced hot air, where is the stove going to be located? I have a quadrafire Mt Vernon non ae and I heat my 2200 sq ft colonial with 4-5 tons a winter.

First...find a good dealer who will service what they sell... that's number one. Don't worry about the looks... performance is what pellet stoves are all about and if you buy a stove that has probelms without someone to stand behind it you will be disappointed. The stove dealer is the one who warranties the product... most manufacturers are very bad about customer service...it's more like customer no-service...

not really an open floor plan , hopefully would heat a nice part of the house have back up oil for areas it wont reach yes i have forced air the stove will be located in my living room.. there are 3 doors in my LR 8 ft ceilings the doors lead to kitchen DR and hallway/stairs the dealer by me seems to get good reviews ive been asking the locals and sweeps

I vote for the Harman. The ease of cleaning, the automatic operation and not to mention a heat pumping mother of a machine, you can't go wrong.

Born of Fire, welcome to the forum from a fellow Hudson Valley pellet head....there actually quite of us right in this area.

PM me if you have a dealer in mind....if I know anything (good or bad) about them, I'll tell you. As other members above have said, dealer service & support can make or break even the greatest stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.