Pellet Stoves with low height exhaust placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mlwinchell

Mar 8, 2009
[email protected]
We have a 1993 - Quadrafire 1000 been in service many years at our house. It really took a crap late Spring and I'm considering replacing vs repairing. We love the stove but it looks tired and dated. It is the centerpiece of our living room.

We have a masonry river rock fireplace I built with the exhaust location built in the stonework so I would prefer not spending time doing demolition and moving the exhaust and reinstalling river rocks. So my idea is to find a stove relatively close to same exhaust location.

I'm having trouble finding many if any stoves with the 6" height to bottom of exhaust like our Quadrafire 1000. Also the Quadrafire 1000 has a centered location which would be the preference for the new stove so it looks centered on the existing flagstone platform. My lady likes the Castile but that one is not even close but that style would be preferred.

We have a 1993 - Quadrafire 1000 been in service many years at our house. It really took a crap late Spring and I'm considering replacing vs repairing. We love the stove but it looks tired and dated. It is the centerpiece of our living room.

We have a masonry river rock fireplace I built with the exhaust location built in the stonework so I would prefer not spending time doing demolition and moving the exhaust and reinstalling river rocks. So my idea is to find a stove relatively close to same exhaust location.

I'm having trouble finding many if any stoves with the 6" height to bottom of exhaust like our Quadrafire 1000. Also the Quadrafire 1000 has a centered location which would be the preference for the new stove so it looks centered on the existing flagstone platform. My lady likes the Castile but that one is not even close but that style would be preferred.

Can’t help much, however I have a same age Quadrafire 1000, had it rebuilt about 15 yrs ago,, and this year replaced control box and did a few adjustments, and it is burning better than ever....wouldn’t even think of replacing it,,, and my wife is very happy with it, and it’s heat output and how easy it is to maintain.

My stove had to be centered in an alcove with the pipe looking like it was in the center
Installed a clean out on the stove at a 45 deg angle off the starter pipe. A shot pipe to a
2nd 45 so the pipe looked to be in the center of the stove then straight up to the reducer
into a 6 in. class A chimney Makes it look like the pipe is coming out of the center of the stove

Reactions: Highbeam
As long as you don’t have to get too close to the wall, a tee appliance adapter and 45 should line up an offset tailpipe with a centered hole, but you should probably replace all your pipe due it’s age and because chances are, you won’t be able to connect any new pipe to it without altering the pipe connections and siliconing them together (bad idea ). I’d go for a quad Trecker personally.