Pellet Vent Pro Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steelz22

Oct 7, 2011
SE Pennsylvania
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know what they mean when they say to use there 3" by 18" extensions with a rigid pipe section. Does this mean that you can install the extension on any of there pipe sections (12, 24, 36) with the twist lock connection? Thanks!

Interesting, Never notice that. Probably means don't use it between 90º's and 45º's. They aren't rigid. Made up of crimped sections. A tee should be considered rigid along with the straight sections of pipe.

Not sure if they mean both ends either. I did an install where I came off the tee with the adjustable and had to use the 90º to head thru the thimble. Once I had it all set and level, I added screws and sealed the tar out of the seams. No leaks and plenty stable IMHO. I try not to use these adjustable sections. But sometimes when dealing with stove upgrades where the original didn't have much rise inside. And the owner doesn't want to move the thimble. You have no choice to use them.

If I am doing a fresh install, I try to avoid them as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.