Pellet/Wood Stove Sales Stats

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teddy1971

Jul 10, 2008
Orange County NY
The following are Sales Stats for Wood And Pellet Stoves

Attachments

• Pellet Stove Stats.jpg
    Pellet Stove Stats.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 317
I imagine that the numbers would be even higher for 2008 if many of the manufacturers had not run out of stoves.

I think there are problems with those numbers. That's only a 16,000 unit increase over last year and we were told that Harman was sold because they had 25,000 stoves unsold last year. If both of those reports are true then Harman could have supplied the entire increase without building a single additional stove. There's some serious underreporting going on there I would think.

Also, it would be interesting to see how many were sold as it seems there are an awful lot of people waiting for stoves they've bought but not been shipped.

If the industry relies on numbers like this for planning, it's no wonder they were caught with their shorts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.