Pellets in north central tennessee/kentucky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelswork

Nov 9, 2010
central TN
I can't find any pellet dealers around here except TSC, home depot or lowes.....any other suggestions? Nothing is coming up in the search

joelswork said:
I can't find any pellet dealers around here except TSC, home depot or lowes.....any other suggestions? Nothing is coming up in the search

What brands are those stores carrying?

Try all the local farm supply stores. Up here most of the blue seal feed stores carry wood pellets.

Also True Value and Ace Hardware.

woodpellets.com can do full truck loads (and at my current burn rate, that might be an option :( ), I'll take a look at some manufacturers and see who can order them around me. Anyone with any coupons or anything?

Churchman Stone on Leitchfield Road, Eastview, KY has Somerset Pellets around $270.00 a ton until the 18th of this month. A great selection of stoves as well. Give them a call (270) 862-4763 .

joelswork- I feel your pain. Here in Knoxville TSC has Greenway for 265/ton. The local Lowes and HD don't carry them. The stove dealers about 30 miles away wants 290/ton, not sure the brand

I just got a quote from SIH pellets in Indiana (3.5 hrs from here) at $140 a ton if I buy 5 or more, $150 4 or less. Might be worth the drive at that price. I don't know anything about them though. I'm driving the big van out to texas after christmas, i don't know if there might be any better deals out that way. I also have to run up to detroit mid month here for a quick job, there has to be something along 75 that's good and cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.