Pepin Auto Feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhstomper

Mar 5, 2011
Southern NH
My St Croix Pepin pellet stove stops auto feeding once its warmed up. About 5 minutes after it is lit the auger stops dropping pellets. The manual feed still works fine though. I have done a complete clean and can't get it to work. Anyone have a fix?

nhstomper said:
My St Croix Pepin pellet stove stops auto feeding once its warmed up. About 5 minutes after it is lit the auger stops dropping pellets. The manual feed still works fine though. I have done a complete clean and can't get it to work. Anyone have a fix?

Does the convection blower start before it stops feeding?

When you did the cleaning did you also clean the venting?

Does the stove show any error code (flashing lights on control panel) if so which lights?

SmokeyTheBear said:
Does the convection blower start before it stops feeding?

When you did the cleaning did you also clean the venting?

Does the stove show any error code (flashing lights on control panel) if so which lights?

Everything runs normal. It lights fine and everything. There are no errors lights flashing either. I think we got it though... The ash pan on the bottom of the stove had a small gap around the seal allowing air in. I fixed that and it seems to be running for now. The stove is so clean it is like brand new... it is sparkling!!! lol Thanks for your help though! I will definitely use this forum again.

Status
Not open for further replies.