PF100 Duct Registers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

exoilburner

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2008
NW Washington State
My PF100 forced air pellet furnace had to be located towards the opposite end of the main duct from my oil furnace. I'm curious if the other pellet furnace owners adjust their duct registers when switching from one furnace to the other.

I tweak the registers on each end of the main duct. The difference is usually only 1 or 2 degrees between rooms; but when I adjust them all the rooms in the house stay the same. My kids call me a nit-picker so that could be the main issue.

Exoilburner:
Hi again....My unit hugs my propane furnace, sits right by it.
Did no adjustments in the registers.
4th year burning the PF100, and it seems to be working better
than ever (knock on wood).
Hope all is well with you and family.
Just found out yesterday at family (monthly) dinner, that I am once again
going to be a great grandpa. This will make me my 7th.
Still have a few grandkids that need to be married yet. they are ripe..

exoilburner said:
My PF100 forced air pellet furnace had to be located towards the opposite end of the main duct from my oil furnace. I'm curious if the other pellet furnace owners adjust their duct registers when switching from one furnace to the other.

I tweak the registers on each end of the main duct. The difference is usually only 1 or 2 degrees between rooms; but when I adjust them all the rooms in the house stay the same. My kids call me a nit-picker so that could be the main issue.

Two floors. I have two registers in the Dining/living and three in family room. I closed one each in Dining/Living and 1.5 in family room. I also closed the master bedroom to keep it about 63 when the house is at 70.

I love it and that's so simple a task when the reward is a perfect evenly warm house

Status
Not open for further replies.