Photos of today's cutting. Wagon Train!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwhite

Oct 14, 2008
Steubenville, OH
Well, the trails are still icy so the four wheelers are still having a rough time with the trailers. I fixed the little green wagon today and decided two was better than one but the kids couldn't pull it very well even empty. So we made the wagon train!! Worked really well. Tractor didn't have much trouble with it. I got some pics for ya! All black locust dead stand today. Fun time fighting the vines. Three trips = six wagon loads.

Attachments

• Matt & Zack Loading.jpg
    Matt & Zack Loading.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Wagon Training.jpg
    Wagon Training.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 523
  • Zack loading Wagon Train.jpg
    Zack loading Wagon Train.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 559
Looks like you had a fun day, throw some chains (v-bar) on the back tires of the four wheeler and you'll walk through those trails.

Zap

Looks like you had lots of good help and lots of fun! My love for wood heat has been rejuvenated now that my son, who used to help me, is grown and given me a grandson, and we all now cut wood together again. To many years in between....it wasn't as much fun. Great pics!

zapny said:
Looks like you had a fun day, throw some chains (v-bar) on the back tires of the four wheeler and you'll walk through those trails.

Zap

We don't usually have any trouble getting around with the four wheelers even pulling the trailers. I don't mind using the tractor on the rare occasion for firewood. Wouldn't be worth the price of the chains. Also easier to hook the wagon (or wagons LOL) to the tractor than putting chains on two of the ATVs. If the ATVs were my only option the chains would definitely do the trick though.

tfdchief said:
Looks like you had lots of good help and lots of fun! My love for wood heat has been rejuvenated now that my son, who used to help me, is grown and given me a grandson, and we all now cut wood together again. To many years in between....it wasn't as much fun. Great pics!

Yes for sure. I love cutting with my boys. One of the few chances we get to be together uninterrupted and alone just the three of us.

I really enjoyed your great pictures; looks like a good time with the boys.

I can guess who your boy in the first picture will be rooting for next Sunday evening lol...

PA. Woodsman said:

I can guess who your boy in the first picture will be rooting for next Sunday evening lol...

You'd be guessing wrong!! He got the coat given to him for free a couple years ago. Seemed good enough for cutting firewood. Thankfully this will be the last winter its gonna fit him. LOL We live 45 min from pittsburgh. I work in pittsburgh. We root for pittsburgh. Stairway to Seven Baby!!! :)

ccwhite said:
PA. Woodsman said:

You'd be guessing wrong!! He got the coat given to him for free a couple years ago. Seemed good enough for cutting firewood. Thankfully this will be the last winter its gonna fit him. LOL We live 45 min from pittsburgh. I work in pittsburgh. We root for pittsburgh. Stairway to Seven Baby!!! :)

Now that's funny. If you live that close to Pittsburgh make sure that he doesn't wear that Packers jacket near the city lol....and PLEASE get Crosby back on the ice!!! "LET'S GO PENS"!!! BIG Penguins fan since 1975.....

Status
Not open for further replies.