Picked up a ton of Cubex at Agway in Hampton Falls, NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
I probably had more than enough pellets for the year but decided to pad my Cubex stock just in case. I paid $295 for a ton. They do have delivery...Local is $20 and goes up from there. I thought that was a good delivery price. I want to get a few bags of Green Supreme at the Seabrook, NH Lowes. Does anyone know if the Greenland NH Lowes has Green Supreme or Green Team?

I have enough room in my shed for another ton of something but I've decided to just buy a few bags of different pellets and see how my stove likes them. I started doing my Fall prep of the stove last night. I'll finish it tonight and fire it up to make sure I don't have any surprises like I had last Fall.

Chan

I stopped in and checked the prices at that agway as well. 295 a ton for Cubex is nuts!...that Agway is way over priced if you ask me. I just drove down the road about 500 feet and picked up 2 tons of Okies for 260 a ton (cash price) at the stove and hearth shop next door. The lowes in Seabrook also has Greene Supremes for 3.88 a bag(197 a ton).

Hello

Yes, that is a steep price even for Cubex.

If I get any high heat pellets I will go for the New Super Premium Geneva at Dodge Grain in Salem NH!! 4% Moisture instead of 6% in the premiums for only $233.00 per ton!!

Removing 2% moisture gives 200 to 300 more BTUs per Pound!!

http://www.dodgegrain.biz/content.aspx?cid=41

Attachments

• WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSC.jpg
    WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSC.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 655
  • WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSpecsSC.jpg
    WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSpecsSC.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 654
  • DodgeGrainGenevaWoodPellets.jpg
    DodgeGrainGenevaWoodPellets.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 637
Cubex/Northern locally is right at $275. Funny how the regional pricing go's. Wonder what Meneilly's Woodland Products is getting for them? He was real low last I knew.

I know right...you can get Northern Comfort/Cubex for 240 a ton in North Conway NH. The closer you are to the border the cheaper they get. Its the cost of shipping.

Yeah I know I paid a bit too much for them but I figured that I would spend $20 in gas to and from any of the other places near me that sold the Cubex. I'll pick up some Okies at Home and Hearth, some Green Supreme at Lowes and maybe try a few bags of the Geneva's and see how they are...

I remember two years ago the Cubex were $315!

Don2222 said:
Hello

If I get any high heat pellets I will go for the New Super Premium Geneva at Dodge Grain in Salem NH!! 4% Moisture instead of 6% in the premiums for only $233.00 per ton!!

Don, I just picked up a ton of the Genevas for $235 delivered. I burned Cubex last season and loved them but they are pricey here on the coast of Maine and the place that sells them doesn't deliver. My goal when I bought my Harmon was to support a Maine pellet company. My early mixed results led me to just spend the money and buy the Cubex. I saw these and the price was right so I thought I'd give them a try. Have you burned a bag yet by any chance?

Hardy_Boy said:
I know right...you can get Northern Comfort/Cubex for 240 a ton in North Conway NH. The closer you are to the border the cheaper they get. Its the cost of shipping.
Just so everyone knows Northern pellets are cut very small 1/2 inch or so and the pellets are not shiny. However, the cubex pellets are longer approx. 1" and shiny. The Cubex pellets burn much hotter than the Northern bags. They are both made from Lauzon. I purchased a 1/2 ton of both not to long ago.

CWR said:
I probably had more than enough pellets for the year but decided to pad my Cubex stock just in case. I paid $295 for a ton. They do have delivery...Local is $20 and goes up from there. I thought that was a good delivery price. I want to get a few bags of Green Supreme at the Seabrook, NH Lowes. Does anyone know if the Greenland NH Lowes has Green Supreme or Green Team?

I have enough room in my shed for another ton of something but I've decided to just buy a few bags of different pellets and see how my stove likes them. I started doing my Fall prep of the stove last night. I'll finish it tonight and fire it up to make sure I don't have any surprises like I had last Fall.

Chan

The stove shop in Hampton Falls has Geneva, Vermont, PWI, Curran and NEWPORT all at a lower per ton price. Yes the Lowes in Greenland has Green Spreme at least they did this morning.

Thanks jdege. I know I spent more than I should have but, for me, saving $20 or $25 then having to rent a truck or pay the delivery charge, plus the cost of fuel if I picked them up myself probably wipes out the extra cost. I have not bought a drop of oil in almost five years....THAT is a real saving! They way this season is going, I will probably not burn more than one ton. Awesome!

Chan

Epping, NH Lowes had Green Supreme @ $217 a ton this past weekend & Green Team was not much more?
I picked up 2-ton of Green Supreme.

Don2222 said:
Hello

WOW, I pay $264 a ton for these here in Mass. plus a $60 delivery. I haven't pulled the trigger on the Geneva's yet but they are my top 3. #1 was Barefoot (but way too expensive!) #2 was Lignetics and #3 were Geneva. The Geneva did have a ton of sawdust.. I just burned Oakies as well and they came in @ #4. Geneva's are a good pellet.

CWR said:
~ Does anyone know if the Greenland NH Lowes has Green Supreme or Green Team? ~ Chan

yes they do have Green Supreme at the Greenland store. They have them, Maine Choice, and Nature's Best(?). I think they are around $4.82 a bag. There is a discount if you buy a ton.

Kittery said:
CWR said:
~ Does anyone know if the Greenland NH Lowes has Green Supreme or Green Team? ~ Chan

yes they do have Green Supreme at the Greenland store. They have them, Maine Choice, and Nature's Best(?). I think they are around $4.82 a bag. There is a discount if you buy a ton.

That's too much $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.