Pics of Buck 21 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb51b

Feeling the Heat
Dec 24, 2007
Birmingham AL
Here are a couple of pictures of my old Buck 21 installed in my parents new house. It originally was a fireplace insert using 8" double wall junk. I lined that and connected directly to the top of the stove for now. In the end it will have a Durock panel on top about 3 feet up and then the SS lined double wall will finish it out. Anyways, its keeping them warm and much safer than an open fireplace for now I will get pics of the completed install when I get it done.. BTW We did all the brickwork (as well as the rest of the housebuilding)...

Jason

Attachments

• IMG00073-20101118-1754.jpg
    IMG00073-20101118-1754.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG00074-20101118-1758.jpg
    IMG00074-20101118-1758.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 342
Hey, that looks good!

Thanks guys, its doing a good job considering its size... Its in a 2700 sq ft home with a full basement. It is the primary heat source, there are LP infareds on each end but they cost to run.. Tonight will be a tough one for it but we'll see how it does..

Jason

Sounds like a lot for any single stove to heat. But it does look nice. I missed the oportunity to purchase a small older EPA rated stove similar to that one (minus the fancy legs and door.) The guy only wanted $100 for it. It would have fit perfectly in my fireplace. I should have bought it.

I hope your parents stay warm by the stove!

I gave $200 for that one.. I think it will do until I can afford something larger to replace it with.. I am always looking for another BK at a good price for them.. One day it will happen..

Jason

Sounds like a good deal. I'd love to have a BK myself! A large firebox, cat and thermostat, seems pretty simple and like a winning solution. It's a wonder more companies don't follow suit. I think that as much as new stoves cost today we should demmand better technology or at least the best technology that is available. BK seems to have the right idea.

jtb51b said:
Here are a couple of pictures of my old Buck 21 installed in my parents new house. It originally was a fireplace insert using 8" double wall junk. I lined that and connected directly to the top of the stove for now. In the end it will have a Durock panel on top about 3 feet up and then the SS lined double wall will finish it out. Anyways, its keeping them warm and much safer than an open fireplace for now I will get pics of the completed install when I get it done.. BTW We did all the brickwork (as well as the rest of the housebuilding)...

Jason

Jason very nice work and the stove looks great.

zap

jtb51b said:

Jason

Jason that's a real pretty stove! I assume that is brass or gold plated trim? Man I just love the look of shiny brass.. My wife thinks I'm crazy cuz I always keep the brass knobs and trim on this old stove all shined up with Brasso.. :) Think I got the shiny brass bug when I was in the Navy..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.