Pics Of MyWood Supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Took advantage of the good weather we are having here lately and finished up resupplying my wood shed today. 6 cords total, 3 on each side and some shorties in the middle. 95% is Oak.

Attachments

• 100_0917.jpg
    100_0917.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 919
  • 100_0918.jpg
    100_0918.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 908
Couple more pics of my leftovers. I like to keep some of the too long splits up against the shed for my fireplace and my leftover Black Locust I need to burn up.

Attachments

• 100_0919.jpg
    100_0919.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 839
  • 100_0924.jpg
    100_0924.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 852
very nice, i love the shed. Where do you get your long fence post? i cant seem to find any around here.

Archer39 said:
very nice, i love the shed. Where do you get your long fence post? i cant seem to find any around here.

Thanks, they are 8 footers from Menards.

Nice work there!

Good job!
Looks great all stacked up & dry.
Looks like spring has sprung there :)

Looks sweet. Do you think the space between the rows in a shed makes a big difference?

That looks good Todd. I can only dream of that much oak but we have too many ash dieing anyway to even think about cutting oak. I do like your wood shed also.

I do notice you have a bit of yard work to do to fix those tracks you made. lol

Todd, you're welcome to come down this way and help with stacking since you obviously do a way better job than I do.

I put up a single row across the back of my lot to dry my new wood for the new stove for next winter and it has already fell over twice with the snow melting and the ground shifting. Uugghh!

wendell said:
Todd, you're welcome to come down this way and help with stacking since you obviously do a way better job than I do.

I put up a single row across the back of my lot to dry my new wood for the new stove for next winter and it has already fell over twice with the snow melting and the ground shifting. Uugghh!

Frost heaves, been there done that, sometimes you have to wait til the ground warms up. I would of never started stacking this early but the ground in my shed seemed nice and soft so I took a chance.

Backwoods Savage said:
That looks good Todd. I can only dream of that much oak but we have too many ash dieing anyway to even think about cutting oak. I do like your wood shed also.

I do notice you have a bit of yard work to do to fix those tracks you made. lol

I'll get the wife right on that! Actually the opposite side yard is worse, all tore up from drilling a new well. I 'll have a busy Spring this year and I'm glad I have the firewood chore out of the way.

SolarAndWood said:
Looks sweet. Do you think the space between the rows in a shed makes a big difference?

Yes, more air circulation. This is my 1st year with my shed and I think the wood is drying better than before with the tarps on top.

Can't ask for anything nicer than that!

Wow - Very nice!

I really hope that my wife doesn't see this. My woos is stacked in RoUGh 8'x12' stacks about 5-6' high. I've offered to have her show me how it's done... Hasn't happened yet.

ATB,
Mike

Very nice setup looks great. After the wife gets the yard in shape maybe you can push your luck and suggest a nice brick path. Just so she doesn't have to fix the yard again next spring ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.