pics of osburn hybrid-45 just installed couple days ago

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burrman

Feb 17, 2009
michigan
bought it of CL on last thursday and replaced my ashely stove put her in on sunday with the new hearth pad i scored of CL for 30 bucks
enjoy.... and yes i know the curtain is close but it gets moved outa they way
IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Looks good. Any improvement in the heat output over the Ashley?

actually my Ashely would keep the dinning/kitchen at 85 on setting 1..way too hot... this one on heat setting 2-3 depending on how cold it is outside keeps it at 73 ..which is a lot more comfortable and its a drop style instead of the 2 auger system big plus!!! :coolsmile:

when setting the air damper how do you set it correctly...my old stove didn't have one of these.. ive played with this one a little bit but i want to make sure im doing this correct...im getting a clinker build up on the top of the burn pot too much air...too little..i was running it at almost full open...now i turned it all the way down and opened it untill the flame looked good..am i on the right track....and then why is my glass getting dirty any tips trick ..thanks

The owners manual for your stove pretty much confirms what you've been doing....look at the fire and adjust to a yellowish-orange flame. Too much like a blowtorch means reduce air, and blackish tips/lazy flame means open air.

If you want to try my method for stoves that have a manual draft rod, close it all the way with a fire going, and slowly open until a nice yellowish/orange flame is observed, and the burning pellet embers in the bottom of the pot should be "dancing" a little bit. Small burning embers should be getting ejected from the pot when their almost all burned up.

As for the dirty glass, does this stove have an airwash system?

not sure ill have to look at the manual...ill get back with ya later

Status
Not open for further replies.