pics of the 'new' Oslo... : )

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinK

Jan 15, 2010
Hudson Valley NY
...Just got it off my truck last night, ...but as requested, ...here's a few photos.
It is/was painted in the Jotul Iron color when initially purchased by the original owner. I simply cleaned it up, ...and here's how it looks...

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1289.jpg

...finally off the truck ; )
DSCN1294.jpg

If all goes well I hope to at least get started, ...if not finish the (Bluestone) hearth this weekend. ;)

I'll say it again: that's got to be one of the finest looking stoves on the market today.

It looks like new.

Take your time and install it correctly.

You will love it! Congrats!

Very nice stove. My neighbor across the street has one but it's white - I like yours better. I get very jealous when I look out across the street and there is not even a hint of smoke ever coming out of his chimney and I know he's got that Oslo blazing. Not that I have a ton of smoke coming out of my chimney but I do get some from time to time especially with a fresh load out of my inexpensive little CFM. It's actually kind of cool in the morning when the sun is just right it casts a shadow of my house onto the snow covered field out back. When there is smoke coming out of the chimney you can see it in the shadow and it looks really cool. I'll have to try and take a picture next time.

Kevin,

Oh sure, make me drool - ours isn't here yet.

Shari

My preference is for the enamelled stoves, but there is no denying that the Jotuls are some of the best looking stoves on the market; let's face it, good "lines" are good "lines" no matter the color. Congrats! may it serve you well. And I look forward to the pictures of the installation, too.

fm said:
is that an ash trap on the bottom? if not please excuse my ignorance

It is, and unless the handle is different from mine, it doesn't look quite closed properly yet ;-P

Congratulations! it looks to be in great shape, is it enamel or Jotul Black. Its a great stove we love ours, dont know how we ever did without it.

Enjoy!

Yeah, the handle might be a little different, let us know.

Get some pics up of it in service when you get a chance.
Looks new!

WoodButcher

does air come up thru those slots in the bottom or just ash fall down

Ash slots. The ashpan door is gasketed.

Congrats, your gonna love it!

Those are beautiful stoves. My father has the same model, and swears by it. I am sure you will be pleased with how it runs, and as others have commented, it is amazing to see how efficent it burns. Good luck on the install.

Very nice!!! I love the looks of those stoves. Keep us updated with how it runs!!! Thanks for the pics.

A very nice looking stove indeed! In my completely unbiased opinion.

You're going to love it!

Great looking stove. Did you say the previous owner repainted it?
Joe

i like the look of that stove, very nice.

That is one beautiful stove and I love that color too! If it isn't new it sure looks like it is! Hear lots of good things about Jotuls here..

Ray

polaris said:
Great looking stove. Did you say the previous owner repainted it?
Joe
...as per the original owner, ...he had it (re)painted (in Jotul Iron) by the place he purchased it from new.

Status
Not open for further replies.