Pictures from today's wood cutting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwhite

Oct 14, 2008
Steubenville, OH
I never remember to take pictures. I thought of it today as we were finishing up. This is My twin sons, Matt & Zack and our neighbor boy, Cody. These three are a tremendous help to me. Had to use the tractor to haul out the firewood, four wheelers were struggling too much with the loaded wagon. Had a time just getting the tractor and splitter started. Very Cold!!!

Attachments

• Zack Cody Matt Firewood.jpg
    Zack Cody Matt Firewood.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Tractor & Wagon.jpg
    Tractor & Wagon.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 393
  • Tractor & Log Splitter.jpg
    Tractor & Log Splitter.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 391
ccwhite said:
I never remember to take pictures. I thought of it today as we were finishing up. This is My twin sons, Matt & Zack and our neighbor boy, Cody. These three are a tremendous help to me. Had to use the tractor to haul out the firewood, four wheelers were struggling too much with the loaded wagon. Had a time just getting the tractor and splitter started. Very Cold!!!

ccwhite, nice job and you can tell the boys good work. What type of wood did you get today?

zap

Looks like its still cold outside! Nice Jd.

Nice to have boys to help. I miss those times with our two sons. However, yesterday was just too darned cold to be out there working; at least it was for me.

It was 8 degrees when we got started in the morning. Got mostly black locust and a little bit of cherry. All dead stand that has been dead and seasoning in the woods for a few years. I try to leave them stand til I have to go out in the snow to cut. I have tops on the ground from logging 3years ago. I cut them when the weather is nice. Trying to get all my trails opened back up. Definitely love cutting with my boys. They really make me proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.