Pictures of Harman OAK Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Got the bright Idea to spray paint the silver tube black to match the exhaust.
one of my friends saw the outside venting and said, Dude. your gonna get smoke in the house when u open the window with that pipe too close to it..
I told him most Pellet stove owners rarely open a window in winter when it's on, especially next to the stove.
her thought about for a second and laughed.

Attachments

• IMG_1839.JPG
    IMG_1839.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I think accepted clearance to a operating window is 48", or 18" if using an OAK. I like the idea of painting the oak. I decided I wanted my horizontal vent black, but unfortunately didn't decide until I finished the install. I got a piece of lightweight aluminum dryer vent, painted it, but didn't snap lock it together. Then just snapped it over my pelletvent. Looks good, and comes off easy if I have to remove the vent for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.