Pictures Of the ct storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
here are a bunch of pics. all from neighbors yards and of mine. My scrounging i will not have to go far. i will have tons more pics eventually to get these are just off my cell phone. Just getting power and internet back today. 7 days. thank god for generator and stove.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 611
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 592
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 628
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 597
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 607
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 593
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 587
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 597
Some more. you can see the difference from a week all the snow just about gone. really wierd

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 591
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 608
that will be a nice oak tree that i gotta clean up for my neighbor. it just missed his slider door. he heard it start falling and he turned shined his flashlight on and swoosh the branches just brushed it. just figuring out now i posted this in the wrong spot. should have been in the woodshed. woops.

Reminds me of the ice storm of December 2008 - lost power for 9 days and a huge amount of damage to trees on the property. Luckily, we also faired well with no major damage - good luck with the clean-up - can seem daunting at times! Cheers!

yeah im just thankful for the power and cable back. lol. nothaving to run out a 5 am to start the gen up. got a good chunk cleaned up yesterday and today. this wood cutting is easy as cake its already in my back yard.

SW corner of the state here. I should of got pictures before the clean up, but maybe take some tomorrow....still a freakin' mess here, just a little more organized now that everybody has more or less pulled things to the side. Still 25% of our town without power, including my nieghbor who has had a generator running since Monday...24/7....branches still hanging on power lines, and lines still on the ground...that was one bad *ss storm

never seen anything like it. neither has my neighbors who are in there 70's and 90's

Thanks for the pics eco. My favorite is number 3! No power, no problem. I love burning wood!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 541
We had our October Surprise 5 yrs ago in Western New York. It was just as bad. Right up there with the blizzard of '77. 5 days without power for myself. Glad I have a wood stove now.

tfdchief said:
Thanks for the pics eco. My favorite is number 3! No power, no problem. I love burning wood!
cooked some chili then heated my coffee. it was nice was able to burn the stove hot then cranked her down and slow cooked it for like 6 hours.

ecocavalier02 said:
...just figuring out now i posted this in the wrong spot. should have been in the woodshed. woops.

Actually, I think it mostly belongs in the Perfect Picture forum, which is where I'm just about to relocate it. Great pics, glad you weathered the storm in style. Rick

fossil said:
ecocavalier02 said:
...just figuring out now i posted this in the wrong spot. should have been in the woodshed. woops.

Actually, I think it mostly belongs in the Perfect Picture forum which is where I'm just about to relocate it. Great pics, glad you weathered the storm in style. Rick
oh yeah. duh. lol

I bet that chili was some of the best you've ever cooked, no? Rick

fossil said:
I bet that chili was some of the best you've ever cooked, no? Rick
it was pretty frekon good. we also did some steak on a fire outside which i did twice this week. that was awesome. heres my brother in law cooking on the fire then me later this week. my grill ran out of gas so we had to improvise. lol. and i def wasnt going to get gas for the grill. people were going crazy here. you had to wait over an hour in some spots jsut to fuel the car. it was crazy lines 150 cars deep. never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 445
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 451
tfdchief said:

I wanna see a pic of the wood-fired capucchino maker :lol:

Great pics! Looks like you weathered the storm very well with your stove and outdoor wood grill! Like you I hate to lose power because I lose all water as well and that really sucks..

Ray

raybonz said:
Great pics! Looks like you weathered the storm very well with your stove and outdoor wood grill! Like you I hate to lose power because I lose all water as well and that really sucks..

Ray
I remember when we owned a home with a Well, the Wife took a while to catch onto why we had no water. No lights, no stove, no water, might as well live in a box....but we survived

Nice pics ecocavalier02. Thanks for sharing. Nice stove. Sweet truck. Is that a 250. Looks like that set up will haul a lot of wood for ya.

What a mess! Not as bad over the state line here in Westchester County, NY. Things seem to be in pretty good shape now. Lots of wood on the ground for sure!

Here's a few from my SW corner of Connecticut....these were taken today, 1 week after... getting cleaned up....at least the roads are open....still 18% without electric
DSCN2031.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

DSCN2037.jpg

DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2039.jpg

Gasifier said:
Nice pics ecocavalier02. Thanks for sharing. Nice stove. Sweet truck. Is that a 250. Looks like that set up will haul a lot of wood for ya.
yeah its a 250. can haul little over a cord. makes it nice. i figure in that picture i have a cord of branches. lol

We lost a magnolia in the fron yard and a lot of maple in the backyard. I'll post some pics later.

Status
Not open for further replies.