Pilot turn off when power outage. Need help please. Thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JohnDoe1983

Jan 26, 2022
Quebec
Hi

I have a Hearthstone Stowe DX 8322 propane fireplace 2014. There is a module underside call the receiver proflame. There is 4 new AA battery inside.

When there is electricity in the house the pilot will stay lit. In an outage the pilot shut itself instantly.

When there is electricity in the house everything is fine.

I do not understand why the pilot shut itself.

Can someone help me please I am in great trouble when the electricity goes out with is frequent here.

Thank you so much.

John

Attachments

• Stowe 8322 DX Manual.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 112
  • Stowe DX 8322 Parts Diagram & List.pdf
    584.1 KB · Views: 110
In what position do you keep the IPI/CPI switch?
Do you have GOOD (not NEW) batteries in the receiver?
What about the batteries in the transmitter?

Hi
Battery are new and everything is super clean.
Either IPI or PCI the problem still there.

The program configuration for the remote is working good and beep on electricity but I did not test with no electricity, that I should try next week when I go at the cottage.

Futhermore, on the module there is indication on the plate for the battery position. + - + - sign. The battery are located behind the plate where it says ON Remote OFF.

I wonder if the battery could be inserted the wrong way. Hum!!! I do not see what can cause that other than that or if the Proflame 1 module is defective but it should not work with electricity if that would be the case.

Thanks for your help

John

Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-26 à 13.42.44.png

Did you put a meter on the batteries to confirm they are good?
New batteries may sit on a store shelf for YEARS. the ONLY
way to confirm that they are at the correct voltage is with
a multimeter set to Volts DC.

Yes 3 sets of new battery. The only thing I could think is that they are in the wrong polarity. Since I am away for the cottage I cannot test it right now. I really follow the + and - sign but, who knows ??