pine bonanza

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkbar2311

Mar 16, 2010
SE Michigan
Tomorrow I am having 4 large pine dropped and bucked..Saving the wood for campfires, starter wood and shoulder season filler. I think I'm getting a really fair deal. 4 large trees dropped, bucked, and all limbwood and brush hauled away for $500 liscenced, bonded, insured, respected tree service...and I am trying to make friends with him to get him to hook me up with more rounds from other jobs....will try to get pics up tomorrow or saturday of pine round mess.

That's a great price. In these parts, $500 MIGHT get you ONE tree felled and bucked (if you took care of the brush).

Plus you get the firewood!

Peace,
- Sequoia

I told the guy I was doing this to clear space for a swingset for my little boys. I think he felt for me. It's the truth about the swingset too. He also didn't have enough work to have his guys finish a full week so I got a special deal to do this tomorrow. I do feel really fortunate with this deal as I do have a budget to make the swingset and play area happen and it's not a huge sum of dollars. This deal will allow me to spend more on nicer equipment for the kids.

Last month I paid $600 for 2 very tall trees. Both were bucket truck jobs. Just limbed and dropped, I did the bucking and chipping.

I paid $900 and that was for a bucket truck, a climber (way too tall for their bucket truck) and two other guys to feed a chipper for the branches.
Would have been more if he had to dispose of the pine.
$1200.00 for 7 oaks and misc. trees from my sister's house the weekend before.

My neighbor paid $1800. for some one to come in with one of those tree grabbers cranes that can lift a standing cut tree over a house and put it on the ground where they can cut it up.

I did call someone else who gave me a quote from a description only .(couldn't be bothered coming out and looking) was almost double.

Yes, that was a decent price for the job. Now you can get that swing set up and running.

For inspiration - only took us 18 seconds...

I'll try to get pics up tomorrow. I've got my 1 and 2 year old and they are making me crazy.

They started at noon and got done at 6...I think it was more work than they planned..

Now I start shopping for swingset.

I tried to help the guys out. I ran the chipper shredder for 3+ hours and both kids thanked me. The owner dropped the trees and left the cleanup to the 2 helpers.

I'm hoping to get the logs finished bucked up and hopefully split tomorrow.

well splitting isn't gonna happen today but I'll finish getting it bucked up. God I hate the f*cking sap.

More pine!!!!!!!! my neighbor had a huge pine taken down the same day I had mine taken down and she was frantickly looking for someone to take the wood...I don't need it but I can't help myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.