Pipeline Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
I posted a few weeks back about the petroleum company clearing over their pipelines so they can do flyover checks. Well they started cutting this week and finished yesterday but cutting three trees that by the road that were part of the deal. Well, that was bad for me because someone else saw the wood and has now talked to the owner. I don't know how much I'm going to get after all but I did get the the ash from up front. All the wood left is ash with the exception of one,which I'm not sure what it is.

Here's what I came home to last night:
IMG_1870.jpg

Here's the black walnut that I c/s last year, my buddy is protecting this:
IMG_1869.jpg

Why is the stuff from last year not split?:mad: Get on it soldier ::P

Nice score fireview2788.

zap

I know, I know. I've been working on other stuff.

fv

that walnut would take all of 10 minutes to bust up.

nice scrounge.

Reactions: blujacket
It's not a matter of splitting it's a matter of getting it from there to here. It's in my buddy's woods and he is very particular about how you get back to it. I have to wait until he and I are available at the same time (he works days I work 3-11) and getting it done. With this new pressure it might just be with this ash by Saturday night.

fv

Some really nice wood there even if you didn't get all of it. Nice size too as you get many splits from one log.

Reactions: fireview2788
Nice score
Gonna make some fine looking spits :)

It's official, I lost all except my walnut. The wife got involved and that was it. The husband feels really bad about the whole deal so I know he'll make it right. It wasn't mine to begin with so I'm not complaining.

fv

True, very true.

fv

Still some nice walnut.

Very nice and still some to cut!

fv

Nice score on some good BTU's. Now get that stuff split NOW, fireview!

I agree. It's sooo much better splitting in the cooler temps! I hate being drenched in sweat busting a few rounds on the heat and humidity. I do like the exercise though!

One thing that occurs to me as I view your pics: when others cut rounds for us, they are various lengths (and various angles :eek: ) . When we cut our own, they are consistent and true.

Reactions: Dave_B
Keep an eye on that pipeline. I bet right now the pipeline company is cutting more trees somewhere down the line.

Reactions: Realstone
They're actually fairly consistent in length. Now that vacation is over and the weather is getting cooler I'll be getting this stuff and the hickory split too!

fv

Gotta love pipeline / powerline access! Helped me go from nothing to almost 7 cords in 8 months, plus 2 cords for a neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.