pizza oven update 9/17

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironpony

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2010
mid-ohio via St.Croix USVI
P1010131.JPG

Built a metal form, placed the insulating refractory and let cure. raised the form 3 inches to place the high density refractory.

P1010129.JPG

ready for refractory on top of insulating layer.

P1010134.JPG

high density refractory placed and curing, will pull form today, hopefully place dome pieces this week and start curing process. On Schedule for pizzas Mid October.

no brick, this it what was spec'd by a refractory company for the base. they have supposedly done many ovens.............
worth looking into though
not food safe and bad for you could vary greatly
I wonder if firebrick is actually food safe???
will post what I find out

Firebrick is just fireclay- which is a major ingredient in pottery, and food safe. I wouldn't expect that refractory cement was actually dangerous at all, but did hear "not food safe". I'd guess the company that makes it wouldn't want liability is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.