Plans for Wood Shed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Can anybody point me to where I can find plans for a wood shed? I think I could build one, but I'm not very imaginative. :)

woodheat.org

or just google "wood shed" or "firewood storage" and click the tab at the top of the google ersults page that only shows you the images. Great stuff out there.

here - http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-27,GGLD:en&q="wood shed" firewood&sa=N&tab=wi

OK, that link is screwed up somehow, like me, but hopefully you get the idea

Here we go ..... the natural wood shed . love it.

Attachments

• woodshed.jpg
    woodshed.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 653
Anybody got plans for wood shed barn capacity 16 cords or more. Over the years I wish I had a decent wood shed. Not in the cards
Next shed is going to have yard and construction tools storage just to get them out of my garage The old story, You store something
throw it out and end up purchasing something similar two weeks later to replace the thrown out item

Elk,

I have a garden shed like what you describe - holds infrequently used garden and power tools that get inmy way in the garage. I have been contemplating building storage racks up against one or two sides of it and maybe putting a small angled roof over it. Haven't put much thought into it but would be a better use of space for me...

Roospike said:

Nice!

I just started on building mine this weekend following the sketch that someone posted a link to at the top of this thread. Main difference is I am going to add a third "bay" making it 15' wide so I can get 3+ cords into it.

Spent some time yesterday cutting down trees to make all the notched cross beams and posts. Should be able to raise it up after a couple more hours of work, and then will need to roof it. I'll post a picture when it's done.

-Colin

NY Soapstone said:
Roospike said:

Nice!

I just started on building mine this weekend following the sketch that someone posted a link to at the top of this thread. Main difference is I am going to add a third "bay" making it 15' wide so I can get 3+ cords into it.

Spent some time yesterday cutting down trees to make all the notched cross beams and posts. Should be able to raise it up after a couple more hours of work, and then will need to roof it. I'll post a picture when it's done.

-Colin
Looking foward to pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.