Platinum Fire Pellet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are produced by Confluence Energy which also makes Eco Flame. I tested the Eco Flame and hope to get some Platinum Fire this season. As long as I can get some in my area. Should have a good chance now that they are bagged in Mass.

j-takeman said:
.....I tested the Eco Flame.....

Jay, what where your results on these? Do you think the Platinum Fire are the same pellet in a different bag, or a totally different pellet?

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
.....I tested the Eco Flame.....

Jay, what where your results on these? Do you think the Platinum Fire are the same pellet in a different bag, or a totally different pellet?

Pete,

Mr Warm is telling me Platinum Fires are a totally different pellet. He says the Platinum Fires are higher in BTU output and a bit cleaner. We should see them for slightly less than the Okies locally. My Eco Flame sample had decent heat and very low ash(0.35%) No complaints on my end.

I'll be getting a Platinum Fire sample in a few weeks. Still to warm to think about burning and I'd rather be "fishin" :) ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.