Please bring on Global warming..soon !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taperbill

Oct 19, 2010
Pine City, MN
mmm.. It hasn't happened in upper Minnesota or Wisconsin.

My wood ticks need scuba gear ..and the mosquitoes are wearing fur hats n mittens.

Another trip to Menards for more pellets this week.

This is a cold year for the Pac NW too. We have been breaking chilly records with this very strong La Nina cycle. Just like Texas has been breaking the opposite kind of records. But it will pass. I'm hoping the extreme cold cycle will be a blessing and slow down or stop the advance of bugs coming up from the south that are attacking the trees.

Climate change is happening. What happens in our backyards is not indicative of what is happening around the planet. Better hope that the following El Nino cycle is not as strong or you'll be seeing mosquitoes taking down the local wildlife.

Taperbill said:
mmm..

My wood ticks need scuba gear ..and the mosquitoes are wearing fur hats n mittens.

LOL! I'm with them!

Ran the stove the past two nights in a row.

Mine is kicking on a couple or three times a night, still. 33 degrees this morning at 4:30 when I got up. they say that's what we got coming all week.

Well it is another May in New Enngland....
and it looks as if I will be burning pellets till Memorial Day....much like last year....
Were is Al Gore when you need him?

SparkyDog said:
Well it is another May in New Enngland....
and it looks as if I will be burning pellets till Memorial Day....much like last year....
Were is Al Gore when you need him?

Yup,
28 yesterday morning and 30 this morning!
Spring is here, can't you tell??

Thats not the worst of it..

Here in Minnesota the cardinals have returned.

Wearing Green Bay Jackets.. :(

"Please bring on Global warming..soon !"

What!!!!!!!! We are experiencing it now.... Do your research...

chrisasst said:
"Please bring on Global warming..soon !"

What!!!!!!!! We are experiencing it now.... Do your research...

Research says, that we are having what the earth always has, climate change. The position of Al Gore and his following has been discredited and pulled from schools in Europe. The UN's research has been doubted when it became known that their so called authorities were from graduate research papers. Man-made global warming has yet to be proved, or disproved. It is a theory and very much a political ideology. I don't anticipate this to change minds. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Just as they had the right to believe the world was flat.
My Canadian grandfather lived to be nearly 100 yrs old. He told me that every 10 yrs, the cycle of the climate would change. He never went to college, but he had a lot of wisdom about nature. He could tell when it was safe to plant crops just by monitoring how other plants and animals were behaving. Should I live to be 100, I doubt I will have the first hand knowledge he had from living so close to the earth. What a knowledgeable man he was. And to think he never drank the "kool aid"

Franks said:
I'll take the "global drying" and get rid of some of this rain.

I'm with you this rain needs to stop.

After 6 tons this winter, I am still burning pellets. It's been a cold March and April in Northern Michigan! Hopefully May will be warmer.......

Duane

(Long time reader, first time posting something!)

Wow, that's a lot of chow.

Global Warming or Climate change is not even about weather... its about wealth re distribution...globally...

When I was 12 I was told by the weatherman in Milwaukee that we are going back into the deep freeze. Us kids all cried and whaled. About 20 years later we were told we were having global warming. Now I'm 48 and I see like the last posters 100 yr old grandpa that about every 10 years we seem to have a 10 year warm front and then a 10 year cooling period. We have 3 -4 day warm and cold fronts. We have a warm year then a cold year. I guess what I'm saying is to anyone panicking " it's the weather stupid".

Hank Hill said:
Global Warming or Climate change is not even about weather... its about wealth re distribution...globally...

Mr Strickland is going to be very upset if he finds out that his man for selling propane and propane accessories is using a pellet stove, I tell you what.

At least its not one of those bastard gases...I tell you what...

Status
Not open for further replies.