Police, Firefighter, EMS and other responders need our help - with pellets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilburg

Oct 20, 2010
Western Mass
I hope I'm not violating forum rules, but I'm a frequent visitor here, I know manufacturers and dealers read our forums, and this first rate facility who helps our first responders and really needs help this year, as you can imagine its been a very busy year for our police, firefighters and EMS, many of whom have been effected by critical incidents and use this facility to get help.

The On-Site Academy is a non-profit residential treatment and training center for critical incident stress management. We serve emergency service workers who are in distress. Our program is for all law enforcement, fire service, EMS, or other human service personnel who are themselves temporarily overwhelmed by the stress of their jobs, what they have seen, and what they have been through. We are one of only two residential treatment facilities of this kind in the world.  The facility is located in Westminster, Massachusetts. The OSA serves first responders from any state who needs help.

The center is in a calm rural setting, which aids in thier recovery. Currenty the OSA uses a furnace that is using a lot of oil, which as you know is expensive using money that could be used to treat first responders. We also have a fireplace, but burning wood in the fire place only warms half of our facility, we have a small wood stove which needs a lot of maintenance.

I am writing to ask for a donation of enough pellets to warm our facility for the winter, we predict that we need four tons.  We are in need of a decent free standing pellet stove as well.  As you all know, watching or meditating in front of decent pellet stove can truly relieve stress in of itself.

You can find more information about our mission at http://onsiteacademy.org/index.html 

Please PM me if your company can help us help others who are there when we need them.   

To all:

As I explained above, currently, we are trying to keep the oil man away by using our fireplace and a small wood stove, this year, due to grant changes, we are holding a fund drive to help pay for wood.

Due to safety concerns the onsite academy can not ask our current or past graduates to assist in cutting wood and due to the very difficult year for local disasters the staff has been too busy with direct patient care to solicit funds or find in kind donations. As you can imagine, those who serve us and are the first there when we need them, those same people find it hard to ask for help when they need it, but it is getting chilly fast and the academy truly needs help.

The academy is located in a rural area (Westminster, Mass) its on top of a mountain and is an older farm house making it expensive to heat.

Any donation is valuable, the on-site academy is an IRS 501(c)3 non profit organization, therefore your donation is tax deductible. For more information or a donation through paypal, please visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/OnSiteAcademy

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

William Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.