"Popular" Tree (CL)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homebrewz

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
East Central, NY
I've had my share of spelling errors, but this is a new one for me. I found it amusing.

http://albany.craigslist.org/zip/2101838539.html

"We had a tree fall down in our yard last week, and just need to get rid of the wood. We have it all cut up and ready to go. It looks like a birch tree, but the tree person that came to give us an estimate on cutting it up wrote popular tree. Not sure if you can burn these inside your house, but we did have a friend take 1 load to burn in his garage. Could also be good for outdoor fireplaces I would think. You would need a truck or trailer. Let me know if you could use it and it's yours free! Thanks."

Well I guess it depends on how many people contact the guy to pick up the wood that will determine if the wood is popular or just poplar.

Thats a new one I've heard it called popple, Aspen and my all time favorite go-for wood. Lots of people around Northern Mi. won't even burn it think its junk, but have no problem burning useasoned oak. I use poplar off my land all the time. Dave.

free wood should make him a real poplar guy

davmor said:
Thats a new one I've heard it called popple, Aspen and my all time favorite go-for wood. Lots of people around Northern Mi. won't even burn it think its junk, but have no problem burning useasoned oak. I use poplar off my land all the time. Dave.

Dave, not sure what part of "northern mi you're in, but the same here......pine too.

PapaDave, Higgins Lake here. BTW nice wood shed. Dave.

I'm not a scholar by any means, but I am often suprised at the spelling and grammar problems ---especially on craigslist. I recently saw one stating that they could HALL away your scrap metal. Popular poplar......oak is the mostest poplar wood to bern.....

Hold on Joel. You'll find those same mistakes on this forum a lot.

Not sure about all others, but I once tried burning some unpopular wood....

Dave,

Can you post a bigger picture of your wood shed?

Looks pretty nice...

Rob

Hack far had towulk thre mials to skool in ice an cnow so iguiitt it de skul

48rob said:
Dave,

Can you post a bigger picture of your wood shed?

Looks pretty nice...

Rob

I agree.. pretty neat shed. Please post a bigger pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.