Forum User Hint Possible mobile picture posting tip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
When I click upload, this is what you should see. Your saying that you cant click on the "choose file"? Or it says "Browse"?

Im sure someone here has one. I have used 3 different BlackBerrys, and this is my 3rd Andriod operated phone. All have been relatively the same. Just need to make sure you take photos small enough to post.

Hope someone comes along shortly. Here is a screenshot of what I see after I click upload a file.

Screenshot_2013-08-30-08-24-49.png

I have a Droid for work and although in every other way I prefer windows, when posting pics on hearth the Droid is a synch, and windows phone incapable. I have had windows phones for two years and three different upgrades to the operating system. The only one that allowed me to post pics was the very old version windows 7. Maybe the upcoming upgrades on hearth with afford better compatibility.

Have you tried a different internet browser?

I have not yet tried this. Honestly I never considered that.

I don't know what is available to you maybe give chrome or dolphin a look

I doubt that the writers of this software are specifically addressing windows phones because they represent such a tiny piece of the market. That said, hearth.com should (does, I think) support tapatalk, an app which seems to have a windows phone version. It usually offers more mobile features.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

The new version should work better in all mobile screens without tapatalk......but as far as the button and uploading pics, this is probably browser dependent. Even IOS (apple) users could not upload photos on this forum a year or two ago. I think an IOS update may have fixed that.

Just looked and Windows phones are 1/5 of 1% of our visits ...

I doubt that the writers of this software are specifically addressing windows phones because they represent such a tiny piece of the market. That said, hearth.com should (does, I think) support tapatalk, an app which seems to have a windows phone version. It usually offers more mobile features.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

The new version should work better in all mobile screens without tapatalk......but as far as the button and uploading pics, this is probably browser dependent. Even IOS (apple) users could not upload photos on this forum a year or two ago. I think an IOS update may have fixed that.

Just looked and Windows phones are 1/5 of 1% of our visits ...
Sounds like I'm the sole windows phone guy on hearth. HA! Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait to see if the updated version of hearth is more compatible. Otherwise I'll try tapatalk.

If you have an iPhone and have taken the image vertically, try going into the Photos app on your phone. Select the image, then select Edit. Under edit, select rotate. Based on the way the vertical image appears here, rotate the image in the Photos app so that it is correct when posted.