Potential Storm 4 Wednesday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
A long ways off, we really don't need this.

zap

Attachments

• 400x266_11021929_scenario.jpg
    400x266_11021929_scenario.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: smokinj
I hope you don't get it Zap. Looks nasty.
They say it will happen it's just a matter of what track it will take, it won't be anything like Sandy but for the people who have lost everything or just cleaning up the destruction it will suck.

zap

Send it further east zap, like out in the ocean.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
That sucks, I just got power back tonight( Friday) now I gotta fix my house and shed roof.

That sucks. I hope they get power to the folks living in apts. and condos that have no possibility of using a generator or wood stove asap.

Boy I hope that doesn't hit the northeast. They've been wrong before, I sure hope this doesn't happen. My heart goes out to those in NJ, NY, and the entire northeastern seaboard....

That sucks. I hope they get power to the folks living in apts. and condos that have no possibility of using a generator or wood stove asap.
Yea, there are many people a lot worse off than me. My thoughts are with them.

Zap, that european model should nail it on the head again. It should hug the coast with rain/sleet/snow and 45 mph gusts. Terrible for those w/o shelter, heat, and power.

That sucks, I just got power back tonight( Friday) now I gotta fix my house and shed roof.

I am sorry to hear that tsmith. Hope all goes well in getting things back to normal. Keep us updated.

Definatley not needed here, so much destruction. We're counting our blessings that we were relatively unscathed.

Shew is mother nature mad at us humans this is awful.

the last i have read is a couple models have this going east a little more then first thought
although a couple are still going with the storm passing over the 40/70 "benchmark" which is the
perfect track to dump either heavy rain or snow on the effected areas

Noooooooooo!

Oh wait. Don't panic.

Looks like the very same area that took the worst of Sandy. I predict an increase in woodstoves and generators in the next few years.

This is from AccuWeather.

Zap

Attachments

• 400x266_11031438_page.jpg
    400x266_11031438_page.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 112
The one thing I said to myself, with all of the destruction was that I didn't have to worry about being cold.

Amen for that. One less thing to worry about.

What About the Snow Potential?
There will be a fine western edge to the precipitation shield, likely somewhere over Pennsylvania, Maryland or West Virginia. It is that western edge that will determine where and how much snow falls.
The western and also the northern edge of the precipitation shield will tap into some colder air in place over interior New England and interior parts of the mid-Atlantic.
400x266_11031636_page-2.jpg

The potential exists for several inches of heavy, wet snow, especially across the ridge tops of central Pennsylvania into the Pocono Mountains and Catskills of New York. That snow threat could extend into the Berkshires of Massachusetts into central and northern New England on Wednesday depending on the extent of the precipitation.
With some uncertainty, it's a little early to be talking snow amounts, but certainly depending on how things line up, there can be enough to cause additional power outages and tree damage in the interior.
Residents along the East Coast should continue to check back with AccuWeather.com as we continue to monitor the upcoming storm and refine its details.

Local weather here says mix during the day, snow at night. My worry for everyone is the trees that have been weakened already. We shall see.

Hopefully they can get the power back on to most people before this storm hits. And hopefully this one does not turn into a pain in the ......

Many homeless and now it getting cold. How many homes look fine at first glance but their foundations are ruined ,cracked and sinking. Most on staten island i would think.

Be nice to put that storm in motion. looks like a damn hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.