Poulan 5020AV WOW!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

A friend of mine owns a saw shop and was telling me about the new line of Poulan's coming out and already out since Husky bought them selves out from Electrolux. Yes Husky owns Poulan as well as a few others. I am not looking for a saw right now and am actually saving for a new Echo. ( Echo is a love affair with me ;lol. ) He showed me a 5020AV and man is that a saw ! I am shocked because I have a 46cc that has been good over the years but is definitely home user in comparison. The 5020AV he showed me sounds just like a Husky 450 and cuts like a hot Knife through butter ! It is like somebody dumped a 450 in a mixer with my 46cc and got the poulan body with a 450 innards. I thought I would tell you guys because that is the first Poulan I have seen in years that is a true tough saw. It felt almost like it would pull me over the log it had so much power to it. ::-)

Pete

Attachments

• JA==.jpeg
    JA==.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 212
Sounds like they're almost patterning them after the mid 80's-late 90's Pioneer/Partner models of several sizes.

"Back To The Future" kinda sorta lol

My Super 380/62cc is a rebadged Partner,after the Elux takeover.Very reliable,excellent power to weight ratio.Will pull 24"B/C with authority all day long.Though its a bit nose heavy because of saw's light weight.20" is my go-to bar,if I had only 1 choice,that'd be it.12 1/2 years,100 cords & all kinds of abuse.Still starts 3rd pull cold,1 pull warm everytime.

I grew up in Bath however I spent a lot of time in Ovid due to a good friend living here then I met my wife who is from Ovid and we have lived here for 7 years.

Pete

A friend of mine owns a saw shop and was telling me about the new line of Poulan's coming out and already out since Husky bought them selves out from Electrolux. Yes Husky owns Poulan as well as a few others. I am not looking for a saw right now and am actually saving for a new Echo. ( Echo is a love affair with me ;lol. ) He showed me a 5020AV and man is that a saw ! I am shocked because I have a 46cc that has been good over the years but is definitely home user in comparison. The 5020AV he showed me sounds just like a Husky 450 and cuts like a hot Knife through butter ! It is like somebody dumped a 450 in a mixer with my 46cc and got the poulan body with a 450 innards. I thought I would tell you guys because that is the first Poulan I have seen in years that is a true tough saw. It felt almost like it would pull me over the log it had so much power to it. ::-)

Pete
Now what am I supposed to make fun of.... :( :p

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Status
Not open for further replies.