Power Outage Map NYS.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just put a tornado watch up for this area.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 637 UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING WHICH REPLACES A PORTION OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 634. THE NEW WATCH IS VALID FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS
IN NEW YORK THE NEW WATCH INCLUDES 2 COUNTIES
IN NORTHERN NEW YORK
FRANKLIN ST. LAWRENCE
THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...GOUVERNEUR...MALONE...MASSENA... OGDENSBURG...POTSDAM...SARANAC LAKE AND TUPPER LAKE.

Be careful out there.
I don't live up there, but believe it or not, I'm watching my bathtub fill with water right now!

Theres some strong convection ahead of this front going straight up through New England today:

http://hint.fm/wind/

Tornado alert in Flatbedford's area. Be careful and stay inside if you can.

Good luck. Hope no tornados for sure.

We dodged the bullet. Lots of rain but the really nasty stuff skirted just past us.

Temp has dropped like a rock.

Just a wind advisory for the rest of the night, it seems from what I heard on the scanner north and south of here had more power outages than us. We are at 59 degrees, I think our high was 80.
zap

Looks like NYC saw a couple tornadoes.

I saw that, mother nature she does what she wants.

zap

We had a couple of, as yet unconfirmed ones, here. And a 100,000+ out of power.

Pretty much just your average week here this year. I don't ever recall as many violent storms here in our 30 years. But so far no 'cane.

Starting to rain here.

Top covered as much as I could.

Gonna be ALOT of free kindling laying around tomorrow morning.

Parked the truck in a "no tree" zone.

Murph hates the rain, should be a fun evening :mad:

It's a neat looking storm - but seems to be starting to break up a bit.
Notice the temps on the front vs. the back. The weather service is truly amazing - being able to forecast this. They said it exactly as it is....the cold front sliding down along the warm one and the difference possibly causing the storms to be severe.

We drove from MA to RI this afternoon safely - watched the radar and threaded through. Some neat cloud formations and even a rainbow in the middle of it.
Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 8.09.10 PM.png

by the time that line got to the CT boarder it had started to break up.....i,m in nw ct and all we got was some rain and very little wind

Totally fizzled around here. Officials called Montgomery Day half-way through the afternoon to get people home before the weather broke. Then when it did break, the sky was dark, the wind blew, it rained pretty good for all of about 10 minutes and then everything tapered off. I was hoping for some serious firewood cutting action. :confused:

(Sent from a land far far.... far away)

Wow, I flew out of Newark yesterday morning ( i think, my sense of time is all messed up here), looks like a i dodged a bullet? Whats going on are you guys getting the remnant of the hurricane now?

Status
Not open for further replies.