Powered Humidifier on Harman PF100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nateschisler

Apr 8, 2011
Central OH
I am attempting to install an Aprilaire Model 700 whole-house powered humidifier on my Harman PF100. The humidifier has a 120v plug (I assume to powere the fan) and 2-24v leads which normally you would connect to your furnace control board. Obviously the PF100 has no such thing. The idea is that when the blower kicks on, it also turns on the humidifier fan and opens the water valve (all via the 24v switch). So I am thinking that if I take the included 120-24v transformer, take a hot and neutral from the fan temperature switch mounted to the plenum, and connect the 2 leads from the transformer to the 2 leads on the humidifier, it should work the same way? When the temp switch calls for the blower, it closes the circuit and powers the transformer, which powers the switch in the units and opens the water valve and turns on the fan. Any help would be great...

Good ideas - post some pics of the install, wiring, items you bought for install etc.... I've been looking around for something for my pf100 as well. Been running ti the past two months and the house is starting to get a bit dry. Good luck and post pics with progress... thanks!

great idea,... someone should make a universal unit the can be installed right in the convection blower.

I have a Honeywell on my furnace,( can't think of the model #) it has it's own 24v transformer and a sail switch that is installed in the cold air drop to turn it on when the fan runs. It has worked flawlessly for 2 years. I liked the unit because it mounts outside of the duct work so if it would ever leak or overflow my heat exchanger stays dry.

Bump...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.