PP130 LO Setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

usefulidi0t

Feb 18, 2024
Kansas
Green light blinking when turned in the off position. Move dial to LO, continues to blink green. There are pellets in the auger/hopper. Does not turn on until I turn the dial in the upper numbers (because I've been running it earlier and it's 80 degrees in here right now lol), but lo setting does not seem to work. Hi does however and will burn pellets up until they're gone. What gives?

Is this the PelPro P130? If so attached is trouble shooting manual Page 42 does dial not working last two pages in manual. Does not say anything about cleaning but can not hurt to try.

Attachments

• PP130ServiceMAnual.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I put it on LO from off position and it’s still just a green blinking light. Not solid Amber. Maybe 5 minute wait time.
Some of the first P130s boards blinked green in off/shutdown not amber. After start up on high try turning it to low without going to off. Have you ever burned stove on low or is this the first time trying it?

What Do the Blinking Lights Mean?
Green & Amber - Normal Operation
• Green, Steady On - Feed system is priming
• Green, 1 Blink - Stove is off and ready
• Green, Continuous Blinking - Stove is in the start up/ignition sequence
• Green, Varies Blinks - Varies depending on burn rate
• Amber, Steady On - Stove is set and running at either the minimum or maximum power levels
• Amber, Continuous Blinking - Stove is in the shutdown sequence. *Early models may have a green
continuous blinking light during shutdown sequence.
Red - Operational Issue - Refer to troubleshooting
• Red, 1 Blink - Empty hopper, refer to troubleshooting
• Red, 2 Blinks - Exhaust probe alarm, check connections or refer to troubleshooting
• Red, 3 Blinks - Ambient probe alarm, check connections or refer to troubleshooting
• Red, 4 Blinks - Missed ignition, refer to troubleshooting
• Red, 8 Blinks - Exhaust gas over temperature, refer to troubleshooting

User Lock-out with Dial Controller

When turning the heat selection dial on the PelPro PP130, PP70, or PP60 (Dial controller models), it is important to note that if the stove has power and the dial control is turned, in any way, with the exception of the sequence to enter the “PRIME” mode, the stove will enter a 15 minute startup sequence.
The status lights will continuously blink GREEN. If for any reason you now turn the dial back to the off position, this will stop the startup sequence but the stove will continue to run until the 15-minute shutdown clock has expired. Even if you turn the dial to initiate the startup procedure again, the controller will not begin that sequence until the 15-minute shutdown clock has expired. The frustrating part is that the status lights do not correspond to what is happening. Effectively, the user is locked out of the stove thinking that the stove is still in startup mode but it is not. At least not until the original clock expires. If the dial is left alone in the RUN position, at the end of the 15 shutdown clock the stove will enter into a new startup clock and should resume starting up as long as the dial is not in the “OFF” position.

Yes I’ve tried going to high then back down to lo and nothing. Pelprocis sending me a new control knob. See if that fixes it. First time firing it btw. Was just trying to empty hopper in lo setting but it never took hold regardless of going to lo from off or from high or even comfort control (1-10).

Green light blinking when turned in the off position. Move dial to LO, continues to blink green. There are pellets in the auger/hopper. Does not turn on until I turn the dial in the upper numbers (because I've been running it earlier and it's 80 degrees in here right now lol), but lo setting does not seem to work. Hi does however and will burn pellets up until they're gone. What gives?
Pelpros seem to be finicky. I have a brand, spanking new PP70. Did you try letting it go all the way through the shutdown cycle? I've found that I've had to do that... takes like 12-13 minutes to go through the cycle, and then turn back to desired setting. These aren't the Cadillac of stoves, so they have some quirks. Also, you really have to be sure that your stove venting follows at least the minimum vertical venting in the installation manual depending on how long your horizontal run is and the number of elbows in your configuration. I have to vent mine vertically 13 ft and may have to go higher, especially since I'm at an elevation quite a bit higher. My brand new PP70 out of the box required a new vacuum switch and control board. Then after that, a new auger motor. Hoping nothing else goes wrong before the warranty runs out next December.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC