Praise fo US Stove 5510

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nerij

Jan 13, 2011
central calif.
Hi I'm brand new here but have been reading all the comments on the 5510. You people are amazing---was having the standard problems ie--full pot ,unburned pellets, dirty door, etc etc. Well after reading this forum and seeing I was not alone, and only lasting 30 hours till pot filled and overflowed causing excess pellets to catch fire I stoped the stove and cleaned it out well. Then I followed the advice on this forum---sealed the bottom ash doors--set heat on 2, exhaust on 3, blower on auto- and as I type it is burning so clean and hot I can not believe it is the same stove. I am so amped up that I will be installing a thermostat this weekend( also thanks to this forums instructions) . Oh by the way ---I beat all pricing on my purchase. Bought it at Tractor supply and was told it was last years model (mfg date 6-04-10) new not used still warrantied Paid $649.99 Dam near blew my socks off--------- Using lignetics pellets @ $215.00/ton Once again thank you all for your advice. God Bless Joe

Good to hear you got it dialed in nicely. On our Quad 1200i I used to clean the burnpot every other week burning a bag a day. Cleaning the stove more often than that would get old very quickly.

Welcome Joe, Nice deal on the stove. Hard to pass on that price. Nice its burning well for you. We have a good group here that is always willing to share and help.

If you get a chance post a few pictures of the new toy. Like to see the new installs.

Take care and enjoy the heat!

BeGreen said:
....Cleaning the stove more often than that would get old very quickly.
I agree BG.

To the OP, how about some pics of the new stove....we LOVE pics. ESPECIALLY ones of it burning! :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.