Prayers for a dear friend.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

A good friend of mine went out to bring in wood and hooked his foot in a hole and fell down and hit his head and broke his foot this morning. He ended up in the hospital he and his wife forgot to shut the damper on there stove in a rush to get him to the hospital as it was below zero and he was laying there for 20 minutes or so. They had a very bad chimney fire and set the roof on fire luckily there neighbor is a wood burner and saw what was happining. The neighbor ran over and shut the stove down then carried his ladder over and put out the fire with a hose. They really need some prayer right now so please pray for them.

Thanks all
Pete

Not a good day for the man and his wife . . . but on the flip side he no doubt is seeing just how many good friends and neighbors he has surrounding him.

firefighterjake said:
Not a good day for the man and his wife . . . but on the flip side he no doubt is seeing just how many good friends and neighbors he has surrounding him.

That is true Ross is a tuff man who is also a big cuddly bear lol he will certainly see what happens when you serve the lord and others. The payback is 10 fold for his good deeds already a friend of his is already out tarping and boarding the roof for him and 4 others and I are going tomarrow to clean his home and build a ramp for him.

Pete

Pete1983 said:
A good friend of mine went out to bring in wood and hooked his foot in a hole and fell down and hit his head and broke his foot this morning. He ended up in the hospital he and his wife forgot to shut the damper on there stove in a rush to get him to the hospital as it was below zero and he was laying there for 20 minutes or so. They had a very bad chimney fire and set the roof on fire luckily there neighbor is a wood burner and saw what was happining. The neighbor ran over and shut the stove down then carried his ladder over and put out the fire with a hose. They really need some prayer right so please pray for them.

Thanks all
Pete

Will do Pete.

zap

zapny said:
Pete1983 said:
A good friend of mine went out to bring in wood and hooked his foot in a hole and fell down and hit his head and broke his foot this morning. He ended up in the hospital he and his wife forgot to shut the damper on there stove in a rush to get him to the hospital as it was below zero and he was laying there for 20 minutes or so. They had a very bad chimney fire and set the roof on fire luckily there neighbor is a wood burner and saw what was happining. The neighbor ran over and shut the stove down then carried his ladder over and put out the fire with a hose. They really need some prayer right so please pray for them.

Thanks all
Pete

Will do Pete.

zap

Thanks zap!

Wow, that just sucks. On the flip side, sounds like they have some great friends and neighbors and things will be ok for them. Still will keep them in my thoughts!

Thoughts and prayers sent his way. Makes me think of my neighbors and appreciate [some] of them. Take a second when you see your neighbor and thank them for being a good one and do your best to be a good neighbor, too. Who knows how that might pay off in your time(s) of need.

Best wishes to your friend, hope he heals up fast. Randy

Sorry to read this Pete..Coulda happend to any one of us :shut:

hope the fella makes out alright!

loon

Thank you all Ross is doing better now but sadly he fractured his leg in three places. Ross says thanks for all the prayers as well! He is a big man but was crying today from the outpouring of friends wanting to help and even people he doesn't know praying for him. Thank you all again !

Pete

Pete1983 said:
Thank you all Ross is doing better now but sadly he fractured his leg in three places. Ross says thanks for all the prayers as well! He is a big man but was crying today from the outpouring of friends wanting to help and even people he doesn't know praying for him. Thank you all again !

Pete

Wow Pete. Prayers sent for sure. Let's hope Ross recovers fast.

Bad turn of events but good friends. I will pray for him. Glad to hear things were not worse with the house. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Hope he was ahead on his wood but if not sounds like his brothers will pull him through. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Prayer sent from up North. Great friends and neighbors certainly ease some of the pain.

Good thoughts, and major snuffles from Dixie & Matisse (these seem to work !).

Thanks everybody ! Ross was told today that there is a good chance he won't heal correctly or walk the same again. His leg was fractured in three places and this morning they discovered one went clean through his leg. He will be doing rehab for a long time and could possibly not walk for up to 6 months, they say it is because he was carrying a large amount of firewood when he fell that it launched him faster than if not carrying. Ross is about 4 years ahead on firewood thank goodness he also has long term disability. A group of his good friends and even people he doesn't know are going to surprise him by building a ramp up the steps to the house as well as we are building Ross a ramp to the splitter! His son said he would let daddy run the machine but that he would set the wood up on the ramp so ross can split from a wheel chair ;-) . Needless to say Ross is very happy about all his friends pitching in to fix the roof and chimney already, one of his friends is a stove dealer and is giving him a returned stove because it is there only heat source at this time. The old stove was badly warped in the fire and just isn't safe to use now. I do not know much about this stove but it is a Jotul Nordic QT I believe his house is roughly 1200 sq ft so hopefully it is big enough. The insurance can take forever so hopefully we can find someone to pitch in on the pipe yet.

Thanks everyone for your prayers!
Pete

You are a good man Pete. Hope all goes well.

Thanks gamma & eatonpcat I hope all goes well too! I believe that everyone here is a decent person I have made more than one friend from this forum and can honestly say thanks to all of you.
Pete

Wow, only just read this, it brings it home how narrow that tightrope is that we all walk.

Prayers from across the pond too.

Thanks woodchip it does bring the danger home doesn't it.

Pete

I have some very sad news Ross was told that he could not move into his house until the insurance inspector declares it safe. The inspector deemed it unsafe and they have to spend an unknown amount of time elsewhere while they wait for it to be repaired by an insurance approved contractor or they can't go back. His deductible because of the wood stove is 2000 and there church paid it for them which was a major blessing as they do not have a lot of money. The worse news is he was fired because he could not work so now they have only one income and it is not much. Please keep praying for them they are devastated to say the least.

Thank you
Pete

Wow. Talk about things going from bad to worse.... WE also have a neighbor who lost his job but this was after being off on workman's comp. I don't think it was legal but tis difficult to fight. Let's pray he is able to get retrained or something so he can get work somehow.

Wow, that's just one blow after another.

Here's hoping there's no debt load, as people end up losing vehicles or even homes when things get this tough. Best wishes for good things to start happening here. And a sobering reminder of how life can change from one step to the next. My kids think I'm a little nutty because I'm always after them about leaving trippers or tools or whathaveyou laying around. I've taken too many trips around the sun not to know how quickly life can change.

Hey everybody, be careful out there!

Hey pete, prayers & thoughts for Ross as well. What part of this lovely state are you in ? I'm usually up for helping out if I can. A C

Status
Not open for further replies.