Pre-Heating Pellet Boiler??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlset79

Nov 19, 2008
Plattsburgh, NY
Hey everyone, this may seem like a really silly question, but I'll ask anyway. So I am low on pellets since it is the end of the season and I had to stop the PB 105 for a few days since I had surgery. It is now switched to oil. I was wondering if there was any way to heat the water in the PB 105 with the oil boiler so that I don't use a ton of pellets to get it up to temp?? My setup is the water going from the PB to the oil and then onto the house. The water returns to the oil boiler then back to the PB. Hope that makes sense. Any ideas?? I know this is probably impossible and a really silly question ha ha, but any replies are welcomed!! Thanks....

If the supply of the pellet boiler connects to the supply of the oil boiler, if the return of the pellet boiler connects to the pellet boiler return, if a circulator is used to circulate water between both boilers, just run the circulator to equal the temps in both boilers, don't know if yours is set up this way.

hey will, yes there is a circulator between the PB and the oil boiler. should i shut the valves off to the house temporarily while the temps equal out?? or just run as usual with circ on??

No need to turn any valves off if the circulator positioning just circulates water between both boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.