"Premium Wood Pellets"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caribfan

Feb 4, 2012
Southern Maine
I just bought a ton of pellets at TSC in Windham ME. The sale price was $209 but got it for $188 with a emailed 10% off coupon. They told me they were Maine Wood Pellets out of Corinth. The label says "Premium Wood Pellets". Are MWP and Corinth wood pellets different? They also told me they were a 60-40 hardwood-softwood blend. I got excited thinking they were the same blend of MWP that Sibs is selling for $235 but as I inspected the bags on the way out, I now have my doubts. I didn't pick them up today because of the rain so I don't have any pics and at $188 I'm not very worried about overpaying. I'm sure they will do fine in shoulder season - I'm confident the Mount Vernon will like them just fine. But if anyone has any info on what I actually bought I'd love to know.

Thanks, I should have known that this topic would have been hashed out on this page already.

I just bought a ton of pellets at TSC in Windham ME. The sale price was $209 but got it for $188 with a emailed 10% off coupon. They told me they were Maine Wood Pellets out of Corinth. The label says "Premium Wood Pellets". Are MWP and Corinth wood pellets different? They also told me they were a 60-40 hardwood-softwood blend. I got excited thinking they were the same blend of MWP that Sibs is selling for $235 but as I inspected the bags on the way out, I now have my doubts. I didn't pick them up today because of the rain so I don't have any pics and at $188 I'm not very worried about overpaying. I'm sure they will do fine in shoulder season - I'm confident the Mount Vernon will like them just fine. But if anyone has any info on what I actually bought I'd love to know.

Confidence is a wonderfull thing..........

MWP is out of Athens. Corinth pellets are in Corinth. 2 different companies. Big difference. The $235 price from SIBS that you mentioned are for the MWP softwood. He sells the blend for $219 delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.