Pres-to-logs now a softy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgopetactical

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2012
York County, Pa
I mainly burn hamer's when it's real cold and burn different brands in the "shoulder season" from the box stores.

All I can find this year at lowes and HD are pres to logs, normally the bags says hardwood saw dust and the manufacturer is lignetics in Va. Yesterday I was at lowes and picked up 5 bags of pres to logs the bag says western conifer saw dust and there is no manufacture on the bag???? I don't know how they burn yet, should know by Sunday.

Does anybody have info on this, we hardly ever get a true softy in my area only blends. Lowes only has 5 tons left I was thinking of getting a to but if I don't act quick I'm sure they will be gone by tonight. Stores have a hard time keeping up with demand right now around here.
Denny

I mainly burn hamer's when it's real cold and burn different brands in the "shoulder season" from the box stores.

All I can find this year at lowes and HD are pres to logs, normally the bags says hardwood saw dust and the manufacturer is lignetics in Va. Yesterday I was at lowes and picked up 5 bags of pres to logs the bag says western conifer saw dust and there is no manufacture on the bag???? I don't know how they burn yet, should know by Sunday.

Does anybody have info on this, we hardly ever get a true softy in my area only blends. Lowes only has 5 tons left I was thinking of getting a to but if I don't act quick I'm sure they will be gone by tonight. Stores have a hard time keeping up with demand right now around here.
Denny
Lignetic's also has a plant in Idaho. 100% softies. Not a bad pellet, but slightly below Blazers, and Clean Burn. You guys back east are going to create a pellet shortage out west. lol It's amazing Blazer's cost us 249 at ton out here and they only have to go 200 miles. go figure.

Reactions: RDay
Apparently these are softys from Idaho, can't believe they are shipping these to the east coat when they have 2 hardwood plants in Va. I did buy a ton on Sunday to use as a shoulder pellet, I'm impressed. They burn a hell of a lot hotter then the hardwood.
Denny

Status
Not open for further replies.