Press2logs Pellets at Lowes in Allentown $3.74 a bag. Anyone burn these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublewide

Jun 14, 2010
Eastern PA
I'm thinking about picking up a few bags of these to see how they burn. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks

Yes, I tried them in the test thread. They didn't do well for me. But others say they burned pretty well for them. Try a couple of bags to see how it goes.

Could be hit or miss, but lets hope there a hit. This seasons could be better?

You're the first person this burning season that's mentioned even seeing them for sale.

The price is right, but as we all know, many pellets seem to change from year to year, so as Jay said, buy 2-3 bags first to test burn before buying any large quantity....and please report back to the forum with your results.

doublewide said:
I'm thinking about picking up a few bags of these to see how they burn. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks

The Lowes in Bethlehem has Presto-Logs, Stove Chow,Clean Energy and (had) Treecycles (didn't see them today though)... I didn't catch the price cuz my old lady rolled her eyes and made a comment when I started heading to the pellets! I burned all of them except the Presto's and to be honest, the Clean Energy's probably burned the cleanest and hottest for me.....the next would be a toss-up between the SC and TC.....just my opinion.....I guess my post really didn't help you out!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.