Presto logs are made by lingnetics?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rad3110

Oct 11, 2007
Long Island NY
I was at lowes and I allways walk past there pellet supply there were a bunch of pallets full of pellets on the floor. There was a small tag under the shrink wrap maybe 2 by 5 inches that said lingnetics. I allways heard good things about lingnetic do think the presto logs are the same quality just repackaged for the big box stores? Also my fellow long Islanders lowes is still selling pellets at 3.74 a bag, oil allmost 100 bucks a barrel get em while there cheap!!!!!!!!!!

As I have never burnt "True Ligs" I can't really tell you the difference other than they burn a lil better than my Somersets. Maybe a lil less ash and less fines. Just got a few bags from HD a week ago, and gonna go grab a ton or two this weekend. Others here have more experience with actual Ligs and can tell you the difference. But in my Quad they burnt good. Pretty limited to brands around me. Its either Pro Pellet (good), AWF (Long Pellets), or Somersets. Being the only Lig brand I can find. Gonna burn'em for that price.

In my Thelin the Presto Logs are very bad. I bought 10 bags to try and after 3 bags I went back to my Somersets and some Stove Chow. If you do a search you will see a lot of not so good results with Presto Logs.

I tried the presto logs last year, because they are made by lignetics.
They did not burn well in my stove ,not much heat.
I had burned the lignetics prior, they burned hot, BUT.....
I was fortunate to then get my hands on Somersets which burned much hotter
in my stove than Lignetics. So , I try to find the Somersets in my travels first.

I have burned both. The Lignetics with the green letters seemed to burn hotter and less ash. The Pres to logs were OK but more ash. Some have had good luck with the pres to logs and speek highly of them. Some batches might be better than others. I'd burn them in a pinch, For the right price of coarse.

I think Press-to-logs are much worse than the regular Green Labeled Lignetics. They had much lower heat and the most ash I have ever seen. If you can get the green teams from lowe's they seem to be the best that lowe's has around here (southeastern Pa)

i bought a bag this past weekend at lowes in wallingford, tried yesterday, seemed to be burning a bit cleaner than stove chow but the heat was not the best.

Bought 7 ton of presto logs for this heating season. They burn hot, with a little ash.
I am burning in a furnace, so might be a difference in the burn.
I ended up getting 7 more ton for next heating season.
Have to be satisfied to do that!!

just bought 2 tons of prestos i have already burned 1 ton of lignetics green label and also picked up another ton of green label lignetics and i will say this. my first ton of ligs were med in color but burned good. i tried a couple bags of prestos seeing that they were made by lignetics in the meantime and they were very dark in color but also seemed to burn good. so when i burned through my first ton of ligs and was looking to buy another ton of pellets only thing available at a decent price was lignetics again from tractor supply. so i bought another ton and low and behold they were as dark as the prestos i tried so they seemed to be equal. now this past weekend i picked up another 2 tons of prestos at $159 a ton at home depot i had a 10% coupon, i have burned a few bags and this time they are light in color like the first batch of ligs i burned. not sure if the other ton is the same or if they are darker. to me the darker colored pellets burned a bit better but both seemed to be good. both the ligs and the prestos came from the same plant in west virgina according to the tag on the pallets so i would assume they are the same pellet but cant say for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.