Presto Logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinny11950

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2010
Eastern Long Island, NY
They are really putting out heat this year. Big flame and big heat on the lower settings too. Not a lot of ash either. Glad I bought 3 tons this year. Thought I had made a mistake at first when I didn't like the first bags I burnt.

Timber Heat is another one that is good around my way.

Went to the Lowes in Medford and they had Timber Heat, Prestos, and Infernos. I said to the bags of Infernos - You don't belong in the big leagues.

I got 2 tons this fall and am fairly happy with them. They seem to be a little hotter than the FSU's I've been running, but they are also ashier. I only run the Pre-to's in the P43, not in the big stove so don't know how they behave there.

Reactions: vinny11950
I bought 2 tons at Lowes this fall and really like them a lot in my Englander PDVC.Great Heat minimal fine ash. Picked up some Stove Chow last week at HD that was on sale for $3.98 a bag ( very cheap) and it builds HUGE piles of clumpy ash in the burn pot that you really gotta stay on top of ....Prestos are a great pellet . I'm in Southern MD

Reactions: vinny11950
Status
Not open for further replies.