Pretty sure....Just checking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
Hey Everybody,

Been a little while since being on the forum (summertime).

Neighbor across the street got some trees cut down. Maple, Apple, and I think?? Cherry. Good size one.

Attachments

• bigcher?.jpg
    bigcher?.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 501
  • cherlimbs.jpg
    cherlimbs.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 478
Apple

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 475
i see cherry no maple though

Thanks for the cherry call. I forgot to put pics of the maple.

You can tell by the smell if it's Black Cherry (which it is.) Good wood to burn when you have guests that "don't like the smell of wood stoves."

Not like it needs to be said again but I concur that it is Black Cherry. It's right in that stage where the bark starts to go from smooth, to scales/plates.

Thanks Guys!

Fireant, good to see you posting again. That is a very nice looking stack of cherry and apple.

Backwoods Savage said:
Fireant, good to see you posting again. That is a very nice looking stack of cherry and apple.

Thanks Sav. It has been one of those hot summers not thinking about stoves, and wood. It's all coming back now!

Very nice piles of quality firewood Fireant!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.