Price increase coming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
I have been hearing from some of the distributors that I use and it looks like April 1st. and May 1st. will be the date of most price increases. This is when the dealers pricing increase goes into play. I have seen anywhere from 2% all the way to 20% by the distributors.

I am not trying to put a scare out there but just letting you know.

Eric

That's too bad huh. It's usually the time when early bird
specials are to be had.

True, Xena. But with oil prices looking to stay at 100 bucks per brl for the next year or so, alternative energy items are moving quite briskly. Hard to give it away when you dont really need to.

Xena, I would like your boat, please.

And also with the price of diesel up above 4 dollars a gallon, that drives up the price of delivery to the retailer. I predict that alot of these really small retail stores will stop selling pellets if their price is to low. If you are a small retailer that is selling you pellets for the same price that you are buying them for, there is no profit to be made. And when the manufacturer raises their prices because when the demand for pellets goes up than that small retail store will not be able to afford to buy it in large quantities. I was at a mobile gas station the other day and right next to the counter they had a few bags of pellets for 10 dollars a bag and I just started laughing.

kinsman stoves said:
I have been hearing from some of the distributors that I use and it looks like April 1st. and May 1st. will be the date of most price increases. This is when the dealers pricing increase goes into play. I have seen anywhere from 2% all the way to 20% by the distributors.

Eric

This for pellets, or the Stoves ? Just looked at a M55 today. NICE !

CJ-SR4ever said:
And also with the price of diesel up above 4 dollars a gallon, that drives up the price of delivery to the retailer. I predict that alot of these really small retail stores will stop selling pellets if their price is to low. If you are a small retailer that is selling you pellets for the same price that you are buying them for, there is no profit to be made. And when the manufacturer raises their prices because when the demand for pellets goes up than that small retail store will not be able to afford to buy it in large quantities. I was at a mobile gas station the other day and right next to the counter they had a few bags of pellets for 10 dollars a bag and I just started laughing.

Thats why I stick to my margins. I sell them for what I need to make. I sell pellets that I feel are good quality. People dont want to buy them or pay the price, I send em to Meniellys down the road or J&J feeds up the other way. Id rather see those guys get the business than the big box stores.

I agree. The box stores have enough product to make money on. I like to support my local small retail stores. Im just hoping the supply stays steady. I have a feeling its going to be an interesting year with the tough economy and prices continuing to rise. Gonna be a busy off season for stove sales and pellet sales in my opinion.

iron stove said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

X2

exoilburner said:
iron stove said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

X2

Stoves and accessories. One stove MFG has said 20% (I am not sure on what). I will not post the name just yet.

Eric

CJ-SR4ever said:
I agree. The box stores have enough product to make money on. I like to support my local small retail stores. Im just hoping the supply stays steady. I have a feeling its going to be an interesting year with the tough economy and prices continuing to rise. Gonna be a busy off season for stove sales and pellet sales in my opinion.

I think prices need to come up on everything including wood pellets. The big boxes were lower than the local stores on pellets and out sold them. Now the big box is higher than local stores and the small stores will out sell them. It goes both ways.
Overall, prices on everything is going to rise, it is nature of what the USA government has done over the past few years. We all knew this was coming when they started pumping money into the economy.

kinsman stoves said:
exoilburner said:
iron stove said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

X2

Stoves and accessories. One stove MFG has said 20% (I am not sure on what). I will not post the name just yet.

Eric

Enviro 5% increase already
Pro Fab Wood Furnaces 10% April 1st.

My wag increase this year = $0!

My tax increase = so much I lost track(Also spending more for gas and food too)!

My cost of heating increase for next season = $0 cause I got um in my stash at this seasons prices. And may even stuff some more in as soon as I can to ride out most of the 2012/2013 season!

Something a local dealer sent with his spring prices specials!

Strait to the point…. Last year, oil and propane were about half the cost that they are at today. Pellets were much more available last year than they are today, yet some of these sale prices are the same price as last year. They wont last long.

I am not taking the chance! Only hope is if the bigbox stores start another pellet price war mid season(like they did this season)!

Status
Not open for further replies.